Trophy 2002 -Weight issues installing 2 outboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy 2002 -Weight issues installing 2 outboards

My Trophy 2002 has a single mercury 175 Hp outboard mounted,i wish to replace this with 2 Suzuki 140Hp,knowing that they wont fit on the transom,question 1,is it viable to built a extenden transom,and question 2,will the weight of the 2 outboards effect my stern and increace porpoising,bare in mind i have bennett trim tabs installed

come on,any one out there who has 2 outboards on a 2002 model instead of factory fitted one,please reply

Comment

That boat is rated for a maximum hp of 175, and came stock with a 125 hp. and that was a 2 stroke. The 140 hp 4 stroke will be about the same weight as the 175 2 stroke You'll be causing yourself some serious grief trying to go to 280 hp. Trophy's are known to be back end heavy, and having that much weight hanging off of the transom will only make it worse, tabs or no tabs. Don't do it!
      Bob Hawes.
      Kelowna, B.C.
      1998 Trophy 2052 WA
      4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

HI Bob,

thank you for your input,any suggestions of how i go about to change my 175 Merc 2 stroke to a 4 stroke,i have a Honda 175 V6 - 4 stroke in sight to buy,This Honda is 100 kg more then the Merc,If i power down to 1 single 140hp,i am under powered thus fuel consumption will be high

Comment

It's not so much the weight as the hp rating. The 175 4 stroke will be a bit heavier than the 175 2 stroke, but still within limits. The tabs should compensate for the weight difference, and you'll likely see a fuel improvement..
          Bob Hawes.
          Kelowna, B.C.
          1998 Trophy 2052 WA
          4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Working...
          X