Smart Tab install on at 185-gctid407169

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Tab install on at 185-gctid407169

Hey guys, I am trying to install smart tabs on my 2005 185 but if I install them they will be in the way of my transome tie down straps. So what have you guys done to get around this problem?

I just installed 2 large eye bolts in the brackets that hold the bunks on my trailer. Works great.

Comment

gener8s wrote:
      I just installed 2 large eye bolts in the brackets that hold the bunks on my trailer. Works great.
      you got a picture of this setup, would love to see it in action

Comment

I would like to see them too!!

Comment

I just wrapped the straps around the square tubing on the trailer and use the hooks to latch onto itself. I've driven from Louisiana to Arkansas and Florida with no problems. The straps pass right on the edge of the trim tabs. And, didn't have to drill any holes in the frame.

Comment

I do exactly the same -- I just wrap the strap around the frame. No problems with it so far, and I've made a few 200+ mile trips in all kinds of weather.

Kent

Comment

kent83 wrote:
              I do exactly the same -- I just wrap the strap around the frame. No problems with it so far, and I've made a few 200+ mile trips in all kinds of weather.

Kent
              Sounds reasonable enough, will have to give it a try

Comment

Working...
              X