2018 Bayliner 180br or 185?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Bayliner 180br or 185?

Hi - I am a brand new boater-to-be, just passed the online test and expecting a delivery on Friday. There is still time to change my order, and excuse my improper boat lingo, but I am trying to decide if I should get the 2018 Bayliner 180br or the 185... what would you more experienced boaters suggest? Is there a vast majority for either one? Also, which is the newer model?
    Thanks!

One is outboard powered, the other is sterndrive. Different layouts, different servicing protocols, vastly different swimplatforms.

my guess is that the 185 is cheaper because stern drives are cheaper.

there are many differences....it depends what's important to you.

an outboard tilts completely out of the water. A stern drive does not.

Comment

Agreed with what was already said...considerations need to be addressed regarding where you will be boating...fresh water vs salt, salt seems that outboards are best Andre easier, personally I prefer the look of an I/o on a smaller boat. We boat in freshwater inland lakes with plenty of weeds and channels that are literally less than 2’ deep with our 185 with no issues.., will you need to winterize this boat due to cold/snow. Will it be in a slip or on a trailer typically? I think all of these issues could be addressed and have an impact on what boat / power plant to get....either way, it’s an exciting time for you
      Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
      2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
      1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
      1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Comment

Working...
      X