Admirality Inlet-gctid406187

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admirality Inlet-gctid406187

Any puget sound members have any advice for boating in the north Sound area. We are heading over next week to camp at Fort Warden and I was thinking of bringing the boat. I have an '03 185 bowrider. We would like to go fishing and crabbing.

It's new neen a while since I have been there but I think I can remember. Fort warden has some some what hidden tunnels that are not marked unless they have been exposed or covered up they are fun to explore. Tou will need some flash lights.

As far as boating I have been diving quite abit in that area can. This is my opinion so do what ever you want so not enter killisut harbor on indian island unless you have a good chart chart plotter and a good depth finder. That is one of the only 2 places I have dinged my prop. If you get out of the channel your done. I dont know about crab pots but I usually limited out on crap when diving on the base of skunk rock. We knew it as ajax rock. Its located jujst south east of hadlock. Its quite sandy at the base. The port townsend canal can have a pretty strong current in it during a tidal exchange but there is a fairly nice sandy beach to the south east end of the canal.

There is on the west side of indian island a no anchoring zone. The navy might come out and harass you if you anchor there. Like I said its been a long time since ive been there. Discovery bay to the west of PT can be good crabbing but its a distance and the water can get nasty in that area heading there. Not for a small boat nasty. There are some good scallops in admiralty bay so its porbably.good crabbing but again the water can get bad there especially in the evening.
    1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
    twin 454's
    MV Mar-Y-Sol
    1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
    Twin chevy 350's inboard
    Ben- Jamin
    spokane Washington

Comment

I'm not real familiar with the crabbing over there but I would say look for the other pots and drop accordingly.

I assume you want to fish for Kings so Mid-channel bank is very popular. If you're trolling just look for the other boats and get in line. You want your balls practically dragging in the mud, usually in about 125 feet. If mooching you need to find the bait fish.

Bottom line is, there is a ton of good fishing in that area. Good luck!:arr

Comment

Working...
      X