Dash refurb pics-gctid406090

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash refurb pics-gctid406090

HI guys, I got my boat in april and love its looks, but i didnt like the look of that walnut dash!!! To me it just looked dated.Here are a few pics of dash, before and after. Im very please on how it turned out so i went ahead and covered the glovebox lid as well.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709836=30368-scotts iphone 423.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709836=30370-scotts iphone 429.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709836=30369-scotts iphone 437.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709836=30371-scotts iphone 442.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709836=30367-scotts iphone 445.jpg[/img]

Heres a better pic, as you can see it matches my trim

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709837=30372-scotts iphone 447.jpg[/img]

Comment

Nice !
      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Very nice!

Care to run us through how you removed the gauges from the surround ect.. As I'd like to paint mine :-)

Comment

[QUOTE]kidafa wrote:
          Very nice!

Care to run us through how you removed the gauges from the surround ect.. As I'd like to paint mine :-)

Hey Kidafa,

First i drew a picture on paper of the dash i so could remember the correct order they came out, The pic i drew was from the back (under the dash) so i could write down the order of the wiring. I was lucky in the fact the wiring was numbered on each terninal connector, so i just wrote the number in order on the paper in the in the picture of each gauge i drew. Dont forget to write down what each gauge or switch is for on the paper!!

Once the wiring was off and tucked out the way i then removed the 2 nuts on each gauge so could remove the bracket holding them in. The gauges just pulled out, them laid out on the floor in order.

The switches pushed out by squeezing the two taps on each end of the switch from the back.

Ingtion switch was removed by un screwing and removing the plastic nut on the front.

I then removed the screws holding in the surrond.....voila!! done!!

I was going to paint mine also but then had a changed of hart, so i covered it to match the trim. I also used a thin layer of foam on the surround before covering it just to give it some depth and texture.

Good luck with your mate

Comment

looks great. What did you use as a backer to the foam and vinyle??

Comment

Bay-185 wrote:
              looks great. What did you use as a backer to the foam and vinyle??
              Hi Mate, I just used contact glue as this was just the job for it. I didnt use any glue on the front of the surround just incase i wanted to remove it. By ruffing up the back of the surround the glue stuck well. heres a pic of the back of the surround

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X