hi all im back-gctid405121

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all im back-gctid405121

hi I've been gone for a while, i traded my 2255 ciera and bought an australian built Mustang 3200, but just recently and with the economy in view, we have down graded is size to a 17 foot bow rider, ( Glastron sx175) hope you don't mind me hanging around.

I've over the years found this to be the greatest and most helpful site on the internet.

especially this section devoted to the smaller boats.

i bought my Glastron at about 30% less than the going price knowing it was a little rough around the edges, its in good condition hull and trim wise, it just needed a good service and tidy up, oh and the rub rail has some damage and i will have that replaced

once my mechanic got to it he discovered two problems i hadn't bargained on, number 4 cylinder has no compression and the drive would not come off, frozen bolts (VP SX) so he had to cut the bell housing up. it also had a leaking sea water pump and rusted side plate on the block again 3.0l VP

so buy the time i have all that sorted i will have probably spent the market value, but then hey at least i will know its all good.

I've only ever had V6,s before both Merc and VP so i,m sure i,ll have plenty of questions about this little 4 banger as time goes by

EwenM wrote:
    hi I've been gone for a while, i traded my 2255 ciera and bought an australian built Mustang 3200, but just recently and with the economy in view, we have down graded is size to a 17 foot bow rider, ( Glastron sx175) hope you don't mind me hanging around.

I've over the years found this to be the greatest and most helpful site on the internet.

especially this section devoted to the smaller boats.

i bought my Glastron at about 30% less than the going price knowing it was a little rough around the edges, its in good condition hull and trim wise, it just needed a good service and tidy up, oh and the rub rail has some damage and i will have that replaced

once my mechanic got to it he discovered two problems i hadn't bargained on, number 4 cylinder has no compression and the drive would not come off, frozen bolts (VP SX) so he had to cut the bell housing up. it also had a leaking sea water pump and rusted side plate on the block again 3.0l VP

so buy the time i have all that sorted i will have probably spent the market value, but then hey at least i will know its all good.

I've only ever had V6,s before both Merc and VP so i,m sure i,ll have plenty of questions about this little 4 banger as time goes by
    again without the pictures. we need to add a rule to the sticky post that if you are posting about your new boat, it is required that you post pictures along with it

Comment

Ewen, being from Australia, you must know Michelle Jenneke!

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

welcome back !
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

MikeRoss wrote:
            Ewen, being from Australia, you must know Michelle Jenneke!
            6 degrees? Good one Mike.

Glastron....well built, just over "entry level" boat. I crawled around a 209 cuddy a few years ago. Very impressed. PlasTeak too. Funny the dealer didn't notice the helm and passenger seats were switched though. lol. (flip up bolster seat on the wrong side) :surr

Numbers and price on their newer pocket cruiser line is impressive...and Volvo power option to boot.

Can't fault you on your choice. I own a Cobalt now. Bayliner runs, Cobalt don't. ops

A boat is a boat. Powerplants are fairly universal. That's what we're here for.

Congrats on returning to the water....down under.

Comment

i took some time off to give my new to me boat a spin, perfect weather although still our winter, impressions!!

I've been used to efi motors so having a carby now i had to get used to the starting procedure

the boat is a 17 foot Glastron SX175 bow rider with a 3.0l VP and SX drive.

i spent lots of time researching this combination, and most said buy bigger, get a V6 and so on, and while i except there is probably

good reasons for those comments, i have to say I'm real happy with this combination, the boat came with a 14.25 inch dia 19 inch pitch

4 blade stainless steel prop, and she fairly jumps out of the water, with a full fuel tank and 2 people she easily did 65 kmph at 4400

(GPS) and comfortably cruised at anything between 2600 to 3200 giving around 32 kmph to 40 kmph

it rides very flat / level so no need for trim tabs and if you back of gently she comes off the plain super sweet, just a little nose up before levelling out

with the 21 degree dead rise hull I'm super impressed with the ride quality ,

all said I'm totally happy with the purchase, coming from a 32 footer it was a real concern how we would go, we are real close to the water now but its like driving a sports car, i couldn't stop grinning.

anyway just thought i would post my thoughts.

i have a couple of tech type inquiries, i think i might bust out the plugs covering the idle mixture screws ( 2bbl Holley) and give it a little tweak

it some times seemed just a little touchy off idle, it could also be me, and while every one said that are a harsh running motor i only found that to be the case

just off idle, so maybe a little to rich or lean at that point.

summers coming so plenty of time to play

Comment

Working...
              X