it(39)s not on a bayliner.... but...-gctid404167

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it(39)s not on a bayliner.... but...-gctid404167

it was soooo much fun! This is how we spent our weekend! I'm new to wakeboarding, only my second season, just now beginning to be able land some jumps without wiping out everytime. Wish I had taken up this sport 20 years ago lol!

wipe out!

my friend Dave, this guy can get some AIR!

Comment

the Admiral, first time ever on a wakeboard, she did much better than I did my first time out....

Comment

and of course the crew!

Comment

Sweet pic's!

I really want to try wakeboarding, but am afraid of hurting myself! Plus, I need someone else to drive the boat and have to have a safety spotter, but still want to try!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

dude, what's with the jet-skiers right behind your boy who is wakeboarding? where i come from, that equals a beat down disrespecting fellow boaters like that. if you're boy goes down, that dumbass runs right over him

Comment

whitey382 wrote:
              dude, what's with the jet-skiers right behind your boy who is wakeboarding? where i come from, that equals a beat down disrespecting fellow boaters like that. if you're boy goes down, that dumbass runs right over him
              yeah they were def @holes, they weren't with us, eventually turned around and went the other way..

Comment

Scrimmer wrote:
                Sweet pic's!

I really want to try wakeboarding, but am afraid of hurting myself! Plus, I need someone else to drive the boat and have to have a safety spotter, but still want to try!

Thanks for sharing!
                I'll tell you what, I'm 42 and I'm feeling every muscle in my body right now lol! It's still a blast no matter what age, just can't act like you're 20 something any more..

Comment

shaw_2112 wrote:
                  I'll tell you what, I'm 42 and I'm feeling every muscle in my body right now lol! It's still a blast no matter what age, just can't act like you're 20 something any more..
                  Im 48 with 2 kids aged 4 and 10. I have been wakeboarding now for 2 years but have yet fully learned to jump wakes. Getting up is easy especially if you have snow boarded before. Lots of youtube videos to get going. Thats how I learned to get up.

I was out 2 days ago and I still can't fully move yet but LOADS of fun.

Age is nothing. (esp when you have to keep up with my kids)

Comment

Nutsofamily wrote:
                    Im 48 with 2 kids aged 4 and 10. I have been wakeboarding now for 2 years but have yet fully learned to jump wakes. Getting up is easy especially if you have snow boarded before. Lots of youtube videos to get going. Thats how I learned to get up.

I was out 2 days ago and I still can't fully move yet but LOADS of fun.

Age is nothing. (esp when you have to keep up with my kids)
                    my first season was horrible, I was getting keel hauled more than anything lol! I just wasn't getting the trick of getting up, but when I did it was like "D'OH!" should have done that first! Now I'm really getting into it, I may have to get another boat lol!

Comment

It sure looks like fun. I'd not try it at my age now ......., but sure wish that I would have years ago.

As for the waverunners, I understand how fun it is to jump wakes......., but I would flag them off.

That could be very dangerous, and things happen out there so dang fast.

I think that the River Patrol would frown on that, and perhaps cite them given the right mood.
                      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

One of the kids last week - behind our 195

And an older one - same kid/boat in 2010

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
                          One of the kids last week - behind our 195

And an older one - same kid/boat in 2010

awesome! He's a lucky kid! My folks weren't boat people sadly, my kid however will be wakeboarding soon! She's 8 and she's able to get up but can't keep her balance just yet, I think by the end of the season she'll be better than her old man

Comment

Hey thanks all again, I am almost (cough, cough) 40, have three kids, 5,3 and newborn (well, end August will be here!), so I guess there is hope of me wakeboarding yet! Yeehaw!

Comment

Scrimmer wrote:
                              Hey thanks all again, I am almost (cough, cough) 40, have three kids, 5,3 and newborn (well, end August will be here!), so I guess there is hope of me wakeboarding yet! Yeehaw!
                              Its not too bad to learn - I'm 42 and learned how to board at around 36. Kids are 21,15,14 I still prefer to slalom ski 99% of the time though. My wife prefers to board as did both boys until last week when the 15 year old decided to try slalom skiing and I think I got him hooked.

Main thing is to get a board that fits the rider. My wife used to bob around like a cork on the CWB that my sons and I use, picked her up a much smaller girl board and it made all the difference. Same thing for small kids - don't try to teach them on something meant for a 180lb adult.

Comment

Working...
                              X