Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Needs HELP! - Bilge taking water from TOP of Transom? See Photos '94 Capri 1800 OB*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Needs HELP! - Bilge taking water from TOP of Transom? See Photos '94 Capri 1800 OB*

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to boats in general..Ive always ran Sea-Doo skis and jetboats...so I can turn a wrench, I just need to learn my way around this whole bowrider, 2-stroke outboard deal. I recently acquired a 1994 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS with 120 Force outboard engine. Everything seems to work well, my only problem is there are little streams of water that run down into the bilge from the top of the transom. I checked the mounting bolts and found no water entering, with a water hose I seemed to locate the area which causes the water to run down the fiberglass into the bilge . There is some sort of plastic transom trim or cap that seems to be covering the top of the transom outside the boat. There is either grease or caulking that holds most of this plastic trim to the boat (along with 1 phillips head screw on each end of the trim) Here is the deal WHEN I RUN THE WATER HOSE ON THE SEAM OF THIS TRIM IT SEEPS INTO THE BILIGE. Can I just caulk these gaps in the trim?? Is water actually going into the transom or is it just some sort of joint where the plastic trim covers some fiberglass or something? I cant see well inside the bilge to tell where the water is directly flowing from, all I can see is the lines of water streaming down slowly after I hose this plastic trim piece. SEE PHOTOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am still waiting for the shop manual I ordered to arrive. Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist this newbie!
    inside the bilge, water streams from very top of hull/transom..so far up I cant get to a vantage to see its origination Plastic transom cap? Trim? Top Motor mount right side
Working...
X