Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bayliner185 Owner-gctid403344

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Bayliner185 Owner-gctid403344

    Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I'm in Charleston, SC and a proud owner of a 2008 Bayliner 185. I've been browsing the forums for a bit of time, and decided to stop lurking and actually say hi to everyone. Looking forward to being a part of the great community here and hopefully contributing. My boat is pretty much stock right now with the addition of dual batteries and the halon fire suppression system. I'm hoping to start looking for mods to do once it gets cooler, so if anyone has any tips/tricks that they want to share feel free to provide any input. Here's a few shots of my new baby.

    -Mark

    Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/707075=30017-100_0101.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/707075=30018-100_0106.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/707075=30019-329346_10101303542708700_1180234096_o.jpg[/img]

    #2
    One of the few out there with sport seating, very nice. IMO the only way to go! Looks as though your trailer tire is a bit low on air pressure.

    Since this is a 2008, the VERY first thing I would do is repack your trailer bearings and change all your fluids. Probably $100 total for all of it if you do it yourself, maybe a bit less.

    As for mods and whatnot, use it for a while first becaue then you'll have a better idea on what you want.

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Jason, I'm definitely enjoying the sport seating and all my passengers have so far to. The bench seating is definitely the way to go! I appreciate the tips on the trailer, I didn't even think about the wheel bearings. Just so excited about the new toy, you tend to forget about the entire package. As far as fluids go, do you stick with the Mercury Marine brand, or is there any other preferred brands to look for?

      -Mark

      Comment


        #4
        That is a good question, personally I use either Mercury or Quicksilver depending on what's available. But I would think as long as the correct weight oil and marine grade grease were used you'd be ok. I just find that Mercury and Quicksilver are the most readily available and don't tend to be more expensive than another brand. I usually get my supplies at Bass Pro Shops because the only local boat place in my area is repairs only, he's not a retail store... or I'd buy from him. Also be VERY weary of boat dealers, some are as honest as the say is long and some are as crooked as a stereotyped car salesman at a fly by night lot. To find "your" boat supply and repair place, ask around first!

        Comment


          #5
          markg5 wrote:
          Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I'm in Charleston, SC and a proud owner of a 2008 Bayliner 185. I've been browsing the forums for a bit of time, and decided to stop lurking and actually say hi to everyone. Looking forward to being a part of the great community here and hopefully contributing. My boat is pretty much stock right now with the addition of dual batteries and the halon fire suppression system. I'm hoping to start looking for mods to do once it gets cooler, so if anyone has any tips/tricks that they want to share feel free to provide any input. Here's a few shots of my new baby.

          -Mark
          very nice Mark, we have the 2011 model and exact setup and we love it!! gets great gas mileage and does exactly what we want it to do right now..

          Comment


            #6
            I have an 05 185 and love it. I stick with Quicksilver but buy it at Walmart. Good prices and can't go wrong with merc stuff for a merc engine.

            Comment


              #7
              Very nice!

              Comment


                #8
                http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...and-have-done-!

                Comment


                  #9
                  markg5 wrote:
                  Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I'm in Charleston, SC and a proud owner of a 2008 Bayliner 185. I've been browsing the forums for a bit of time, and decided to stop lurking and actually say hi to everyone. Looking forward to being a part of the great community here and hopefully contributing. My boat is pretty much stock right now with the addition of dual batteries and the halon fire suppression system. I'm hoping to start looking for mods to do once it gets cooler, so if anyone has any tips/tricks that they want to share feel free to provide any input. Here's a few shots of my new baby.

                  -Mark
                  Hello Mark

                  My name is Steve and I'm from Terrace B.C Canada, I just bought a 2008 185 BR on the July 1st week end, mine does not have the sport seating like yours but came a single bucket for the pilot and a sleeper seat on the front port side along with two jump seats in the back. I got the boat with only 42hrs on it and have put 16 more on it since, mine has the 3.0L carb equipped 4 cly. canadian version., " not for sale in calafornia" which I find has lots of snap for a engine that size. This is the first Bayliner I have owned and am so far very pleased with the performance and handling of the boat. Fuel economy i feel is very good for the power the dive produces, I have had myself and five adults in the boat and it came up on step with ease and cruised nicely at about 3400 rpm. I did not get the extended swim grid like yours but am thinking of adding it, the molded swim platform is fine but would be nice to have the extention to cover the outdrive when people are swimming off the back. Aside from the swim grid and maybe a couple of drink holders for the front seats I am not planning any modifications to the boat, pretty happy with the unit as it is. I would certainly like to hear of any you try and how they work out. I do agree with the advise you got on trailer berring maintenance, made the mistake of not maintaining a previous trailer before and paid the price when a hub let go at 11.00 oclock in the middle of nowhwere, cost me some cash and two days of my holiday. Hope your enjoying your new toy as much as I am mine.

                  HAVE FUN

                  Steve

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Very nice boat Mark! Hope you and yours enjoy it fully, safely.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      BC Steve wrote:
                      Hello Mark

                      My name is Steve and I'm from Terrace B.C Canada, I just bought a 2008 185 BR on the July 1st week end, mine does not have the sport seating like yours but came a single bucket for the pilot and a sleeper seat on the front port side along with two jump seats in the back. I got the boat with only 42hrs on it and have put 16 more on it since, mine has the 3.0L carb equipped 4 cly. canadian version., " not for sale in calafornia" which I find has lots of snap for a engine that size. This is the first Bayliner I have owned and am so far very pleased with the performance and handling of the boat. Fuel economy i feel is very good for the power the dive produces, I have had myself and five adults in the boat and it came up on step with ease and cruised nicely at about 3400 rpm. I did not get the extended swim grid like yours but am thinking of adding it, the molded swim platform is fine but would be nice to have the extention to cover the outdrive when people are swimming off the back. Aside from the swim grid and maybe a couple of drink holders for the front seats I am not planning any modifications to the boat, pretty happy with the unit as it is. I would certainly like to hear of any you try and how they work out. I do agree with the advise you got on trailer berring maintenance, made the mistake of not maintaining a previous trailer before and paid the price when a hub let go at 11.00 oclock in the middle of nowhwere, cost me some cash and two days of my holiday. Hope your enjoying your new toy as much as I am mine.

                      HAVE FUN

                      Steve
                      Congrats!

                      Im heading out to Terrace in Aug, staying in Lac La Hache for a week. Im towing my 09 185 up as this will be the first long trip with it. Usually we boat in Ladner.

                      You will love it.

                      Of any aftermarket item, I suggest the swim platform...can't go wrong esp with kids.

                      I dont care about the seats much... Sport or lounge.....they both have pros and cons. Just give me a reliable engine and the rest is a bonus.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Nutsofamily wrote:
                        Congrats!

                        Im heading out to Terrace in Aug, staying in Lac La Hache for a week. Im towing my 09 185 up as this will be the first long trip with it. Usually we boat in Ladner.

                        You will love it.

                        Of any aftermarket item, I suggest the swim platform...can't go wrong esp with kids.

                        I dont care about the seats much... Sport or lounge.....they both have pros and cons. Just give me a reliable engine and the rest is a bonus.
                        Bought my boat in Kelowna on the July 1st long weekend,pulled it back to Terrace, the Karavan trailer I got with it pulled very nicely behind the 1/2 ton, I remember thinking as I passed through Lac La Hache that it looked like a great spot for a holiday with a boat, would have loved to stop then to try out the new toy but no time. Hwy 97 north from Cache Creek and 16 west from Prince George are both good hi-ways with enough passing lanes to break up the traffic, a little twisty and hilly in spots but a good surface and had little construction going on. If you make it to Lakelse Lake outside Terrace on your trip, look for the 08 with the blue top, I think its the only 185 0n the lake of about that year. You may find it docked in the south west corner of the lake, non floating dock with a large overhanging spruce tree, stop by and say hello, always a extra dog on grill and something cold in the fridge. Don,t forget to grease the trailer and engage the drive before you go. Hope you have a great trip.

                        Regards

                        Steve

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thanks for the warm welcome and the info everyone! There is a wealth of knowledge on here and hopefully I can contribute as I become a more "seasoned" Bayliner owner.

                          -Mark

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Nutsofamily wrote:
                            Congrats!

                            Im heading out to Terrace in Aug, staying in Lac La Hache for a week. Im towing my 09 185 up as this will be the first long trip with it. Usually we boat in Ladner.

                            You will love it.

                            Of any aftermarket item, I suggest the swim platform...can't go wrong esp with kids.

                            I dont care about the seats much... Sport or lounge.....they both have pros and cons. Just give me a reliable engine and the rest is a bonus.
                            Stop by Burns Lake and spend the day on the lake. I can hook you up with a good deal at the Sunshine Inn. Our family owns it. My sister lived in Ladner for 12 years. i lived there for 5 years myself.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Bcbayliner wrote:
                              Stop by Burns Lake and spend the day on the lake. I can hook you up with a good deal at the Sunshine Inn. Our family owns it. My sister lived in Ladner for 12 years. i lived there for 5 years myself.
                              My father in law used to spend a lot of time on Burns Lake for snowmobile derbys, just about August now, is the ice off yet? Just kidding, but it is Burns Lake. Hear it's ice, sorry type o, I mean nice.

                              Northern BC summers, short but well used.

                              regards

                              BC Steve

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X