No announcement yet.

VR Series Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to enter my 3rd season with a VR6 and I live in Seabeck, WA on the Hood Canal. I have also cruised across the Puget Sound to Seattle in some chop with no problems. When planning a launch, my limit is 10-15 mph winds (2-4 foot swells). Honestly, the boat can take a lot, but I want to be a safe captain for whoever is on the boat. As TX H210 SS said, "those size waves are manageable in a bowrider, but you better know what your doing.........". We were coming back from a 10 mile run to the mouth of the Quilcene last year (silvers were practically jumping in the boat!) and tried to make it to a Harbor and ran out of gas about 2 miles from it. Luckily, the whole time, I was inching closer to the shore headlong into the white caps and it was a bit calmer when I called a friend for help.......even 3-4 foot swells can make you flinch if you aren't able to steel the boat. The self bailing cockpit is a lifesaver as well. I love this boat!!
    "I Need to Go Where the Weather Suits My Clothes" -J. Buffett

Comment

I bought a VR6 with Verado 200 Hp 4 Cylinder last week. It’s a very nice boat. I had a 2007 Bayliner 185BR with the 4.3 v6 and it was a wonderful boat to own. VR6 is a whole new level. I took it out on The Saint Johns river in Jacksonville. Some light chop, it rises better than my 185 did but I avoid slams as much as I can do went back to the creek section. I got mine for 35K, stainless package, Bimini top, both covers and The Verado. It was a 2017 holdover.

Love it.

Comment

Working...
      X