Swim Platform for 2006 192 Cuddy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swim Platform for 2006 192 Cuddy

Well, I sold my MacGregor sailboat and bought a 2006 192 Cuddy Classic, a very nice boat! I am interested in replacing the small original swim platform with a full width swim platform for the kids. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get the best price on one that fits my boat, and how hard it is to install it yourself? I am a capable DIY'er but don't want to take on a project above my skill set. Thanks!!

Have a look at swimplatforms.com - looks like something a DIY'er can do.
    2009 Discovery 192
    3.0 L w/TKS, Alpha 1
    Vancouver, Canada

Comment

Great website, just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the lead !!

Comment

I just bought a platform from them for my 245. It's currently being fabricated. I was told they will be increasing prices soon based on increasing material costs so you might want to get a quote quickly.
        2003 Bayliner 245
        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

• yakkerbakker1
          yakkerbakker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got a quote from them, a little more than what I had expected but it looks really well made and seems to include everything I need except the 3M sealant

I put a Swimplatforms Inc unit on my 285, great product and addition to my boat.
        2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
        2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
        2000 Ciera 2455 sold
        Redmond, Washington
        The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

Comment

Flyman, the platform looks great! How long did it take you to install?

Comment

We had the boat on the hard at a local yard. I had my son in-law and brother in-law there to help me. It took us about 6 hours for the install. We built a support out of 2X4's to hold up the platform while we drilled the holes and bolted the unit on. It wasn't really hard and the platform was fit to my boat. You might have to do a bit of grinding at the corners where the unit meets the boat to "feather" the edge for a better fit. But really it is pretty simple to get it mounted up.

Mike
            2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
            2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
            2000 Ciera 2455 sold
            Redmond, Washington
            The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

Comment

Working...
            X