New Member Boat on Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Boat on Order

Just ordered a new Bayliner 16 Bow Rider and just joined owners club. Was very impressed by the dealer in Brea KY. My boat due to arrive in March.
    I am a retired Navy Captain but being a dentist know almost nothing about boats. I am sure to have a lot of questions in the future and very glad I found this site. My main hobby over the past forty plus years has been aviation and I own a Vans single seat RV3. An experimental home built that will cruise 160mph on 108hp.

Welcome!
    Mocoondo
    2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
    Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
    MMSI: 338091755

Comment

That s Fantastic!!! Welcome to the BOC!

PLEASE post photos of your new boat when it arrives!

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Welcome from a Cessna 210 driver. Let’s see some photos of the RV3 too!
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on your new boat! You'll find this forum to be extremely informative and helpful.
          Alex
          Orange County, Ca.
          2001 3988
          Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

Welcome aboard Captain I salute you and thank you for your service...."BOC"Is the place to ask your question lots of great knowledge on this site,and by the way that is one nice looking Aircraft,bet that brings your heart rate up.I too have a PPL however can only afford to do one hobby at a time.being an ex Navy I stayed on the water.
            Brad & Sharon
            Lady Jake
            1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
            LaConner,Wa. (summer)
            2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
            kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Having had a plane myself, welcome to boating, where toys only cost 5x what they should instead of 10x.
              Lake Memphremagog, Newport, VT
              2015 Bayliner 175 BR
              Mercruiser 135/3.0 MPI Alpha One

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome. I will certainly have a lot of questions in near future. I will try to post a photo of my RV3. I have had it about 5 years and have flown it a little over 300 hrs.

Comment

I somehow missed the aviation tie-in. Great looking RV! Airline pilot here and I have a Cherokee 180.

Mocoondo
                  2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

Over the years I have had a Ercoupe and a Piper Colt. I got the RV3 about 5 years ago. I will never go back to a certified plane again. It's getting so difficult and expensive for annuals and IA's. I got my license in 1970 and have about 1250 hrs. A Cherokee 180 is a great airplane and has increased greatly in value. My RV 3 with 0235/108hp will cruise at 160mph and is a lot of Fun to fly.

Comment

It's a lot of fun that's for sure. I fell into the Cherokee totally out of the blue. I was casually made aware that the guy was getting out of flying, I went up to the airport and this is what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	27858434_1325174014253874_6570393817063825063_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	411252

"Oops. Take my money, sir." That afternoon, I decided to go try it out and I'm with a good friend of mine and he said, "Do you realize you didn't even fly this thing before you bought it?" I didn't feel I had to...it literally didn't even have a speck of dust on it. It's been pampered all its life, the airframe is mint and the panel has all been redone...IFR approach certified GPS, ADS-B in/out, two axis AP, factory zero time engine.

This is from yesterday out flying around a few of the lakes I usually boat on. The water is a little firm at the moment...patiently waiting for that to change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4991.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	411251
                      Mocoondo
                      2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

That was a lucky find. Great paint job. What routes do you fly in your job?

Comment

Originally posted by ddsrph View Post
                          That was a lucky find. Great paint job. What routes do you fly in your job?
                          I fly domestic which includes Canada, Mexico and Caribbean. Generally I bid for a certain schedule versus specific destinations. I bid what we call day trips or turns which is out and back the same day, home every night. So I typically don't care where I fly to so long as I am done around 3:30 in the afternoon and that is usually weekdays, two or three times a week. I would guess 90% of my flying is pointed in some direction east...JFK, BOS, BWI, CLT, MCO, TPA, etc. I like to go east because you are done an hour earlier coming back due to the time change. Flights out west are late finishes coming back and the day is shot by the time you get home.
                          Mocoondo
                          2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

Working...
                          X