Need advise-gctid402537

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advise-gctid402537

1st of all hi everyone. 1st post. im from scranton pa. i have been looking a few weeks for a bayliner 175. nothing older than a 05. i found a few within a couple hrs from me on craigs list but there always sold. only one i found that wasnt was in NORTH CAROLINA. 750 miles away. its a 2010 for 12500. doesnt this price seem like a good deal. problem is how do i get it shipped. anyone know of a company that does this? i want a 175 because i read its a good boat for a beginer and for anyone really. also it will fit in my garage and its good on gas. should i expand my search? any shipping reccomendations? thanks.

first you need to make sure they are the real owners.. lots of scams on there selling peoples stuff and taking off when people buy sight unseen... I would drive there and check it out.. make sure your not buying a sunken vessel or a stolen one.. if in a marina, talk to the harbor master.. ask if he knows the owners and anything about the boat... never hand over cash... I would do cashiers postal check.. that way if they cash it and they are a fraud, its a federal offense on top of other issues...

vehical freight haulers can usually do it.. google some in that area.. oversee everything in person if possible or someone you know...

Comment

RinnyBeth makes good points.

However, another option is to use a broker like Marine Max (there are others but they escape me at the moment). I've dealt with them in looking for boats and they are professional. They're not cheap though.

They can find you a boat, and coordinate the shipping.

With all that said, if I were to be looking for a boat right now, I'd wait until I found the right one close enough to go get it myself.

Comment

Try to go closer to you!! NC is a haul from Scranton. There are always a few of those in New England, there's an 09 at one of the Marina's here with low hours for 12k. Still though, I think it takes me 4 hours to get to Scranton from here, but it's a pretty easy drive, just a few big hills on 84 going through NY state.

I've seen too many guys buy a boat from across the country, only to find something major wrong, and have to deal with trying to solve a problem over the phone. While many shops may be willing to fix stuff at their place, few are going to pay for another shop to fix anything if they can get out of it.

Comment

Check with these folks. Dealt with them in the past.

http://www.bigbeeboats.com/default.asp

Comment

Go to www.thesaltydog.com use advanced search and choose bayliner for make and 175 for model. Four came up - two in NJ and one in Delaware which are a heck of a lot closer. One is in SC which doesnt help.

Also go to boats.iboats.com - at least 3 came up in PA.

Good luck! I have a 175 and it is a great boat. Keep looking - these sites do get out of date, but that's how I found mine.

Kent

Comment

finally got one. an 07 out of hudson ny. it has blue sides. will post pics soon. its in excellent shape. only fault i found is the blue on tops of seats are faded. is this normal also has a extended warrant good for 10 more months./ is the seats covered? also missing 1 cup holder that broke. otherwise its like new. i paid 9500. is this a fair deal? thanks for responses.

Comment

NUTSY wrote:
                is this normal also has a extended warrant good for 10 more months
                congrats on the boat! when i bought mine new from the dealer, the only extended warranty offered was for the power package, not other nick nacks...call a dealer or bayliner directly to find out for sure though......

did you get the manuals? if not the bayliner site whould have them in pdf for ya

Comment

StitchSC wrote:
                  congrats on the boat! when i bought mine new from the dealer, the only extended warranty offered was for the power package, not other nick nacks...call a dealer or bayliner directly to find out for sure though......

did you get the manuals? if not the bayliner site whould have them in pdf for ya
                  yah. ill call them when i get title in my name. i got all the paperwork from boat and manuals also. ill have to read warranty. ownwer said all was covered but well see.thanks.

Comment

Good luck !
                    Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Working...
                    X