How do you handle head issues on small boats.-gctid348155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you handle head issues on small boats.-gctid348155

How do you handle when you or a passenger on your boat needs to relieve themselves? My bowrider has a small area on the starboard side where you can sit with a portable chemical head, and close the door. Functional, but not ideal. What is the etiquette when dealing with such circumstances? What are the necessities, must haves, good to haves when dealing with such issues? What about those boats without an area for a toilet?

Just trying to get some ideas.

EDIT: Port side not starboard ...

It may not be right, but, (I know bad pun) its the ladder off the swim platform, back down in and then back up. I've seen this happen countless times.

Comment

You need to train your guests about potty habits on any boat. It's poo time the head is where to go, ladies same, men, it's over the side and ladies turn your heads, at least that is how it is on a small charter boat.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

The key is to talk about it with everyone there, as they arrive. Tell them the rules, what goes in the head, and what doesn't. Then explain that to protect their dignity, they need to tell you when they need to go, and you help them by closing the boat or getting folks away from the hatch.

Comment

I have a factory porta pottie,,,,you use it ,,,you mt it..As far as taking a whiz,,,,I have a TIDE soap bottle....no PEEING over the side of MY boat

Comment

Me either. Guys pee off swim platform or jump in. Ladies off ladder or jump in. Anything else is a marina or swim with toilet paper in mouth to shore like a lab carrying a duck . If I'm on fishing boat and hitting them. Then u can crap your britches andcall me what you want. As my brother n law can verify. I offered to pick him back up if he jumped but refused to retrieve my lines while trolling. Hell. A dog can be trainedwhen to go

Comment

How can you catch fish if you do not pee over the side first for luck.
              Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
              Twin 350 GM power
              Located in Seward, AK
              Retired marine surveyor

Comment

We have a little ritual we call "The Bellagio Fountain".

Comment

For us it's mostly the wife, the 9 YO daughter, my pop and myself, we have a porti-potty on board and if someone needs to go it's down to no wake speed and everyone looks forward. But I am lucky, my crew is trained to "go" at the dock!

Comment

Link removed

Comment

Ewwwwww

Sorry folks, I guess I'm lucky pretty much wherever I boat I can park and visit a real"facility".

Comment

I know, I'm laughing, and Ewwwww is an understandable response but it DOES work and NO it's not for sharing.

Comment

My apologies for bringing this thread to an abrupt end. I have removed the link to REI, and again I'm sorry...

Chris

Comment

ChrisR wrote:
                            My apologies for bringing this thread to an abrupt end. I have removed the link to REI, and again I'm sorry...

Chris
                            Abrupt end? So that would be #2? Lol

I find it odd when I read about #2 never done in this portipotti....hell, that's what it's for.

In a bowrider with no "closet" , you had better be family and not rafted up, lol. In a 2150, you're good.

I know some with holding tanks that don't allow #2. I don't understand that at all.

Comment

the head on my boat is for bragging rites and storage only.. you go before or after, or get in the water and take care of it.. im not hauling or emptying that on my boat...

Comment

Working...
                              X