Bayliner 642 Overnighter Cuddy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 642 Overnighter Cuddy

Wow! I can’t find a darned thing on this new site. So, here’s a photo of my boat! Looking to restart that awesome and productive discussion! Thanks! RPD
    Lake Coeur d’Alene. All Bayliner 642s with the BT2013 stereo have a hidden USB plug! A guy can hook it up for use to charge a cell phone or play music! Eagle Runner
    It is when you give of yourself that you truly give - Kahlil Gilbran
    2015 Bayliner 642 in Red, 4.3L MPI, Alpha 1 Gen II
    Eagle Runner

What "awesome and productive discussion" are you looking to restart??
    1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655
    5.7 Bravo 3

Comment

Jon, I'm afraid to say, but I think the extensive thread on the 642 you are referring to is gone; it was in the sub-forum called "Owner's List" and that is no longer available. I've searched in my profile for past topics and did an Advanced Google search - no joy. It's gone. The only 642-specific topic that appears to have migrated was this one from Reviews: https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...dy-gctid751472

It's unfortunate; I'm not a fan of the new forum software and the migration. A lot of valuable information was lost. But hey, we got a sub-forum on politics (sarcasm emphasized).
      Rick
      [color = #4169E1]"Our Dream"[/color] -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642, 4.3 MPI Mercruiser

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

Comment

Rick!! You're still here! Thank goodness! Yes, I promised to post some picks of the USB plug that came with the stock stereo (and did, see above), then was kinda blindsided by the BOC changes. For better or not, I had gotten used to it, turned friends on to the many awesome projects people take on. It's a healthy addiction. I'm not appreciating the sweat and pics lost in the transfer. Hopefully the site can build back to what it was. Or perhaps it's mostly still around, and I'll relearn.

Regardless, I'm excited to mention the availability (still, I believe) of the $28 kit that provides a USB and aux jack from a single outlet that would replace the existing aux only outlet adjacent to the stock stereo on the dash. Mine will solve two issues: 1. It'll provide a place for my wife to charge her phone. 2. It gives her instant easy command of what's playing on the stereo - no more messing with Bluetooth, although that's what I prefer. I'm having our Bayliner dealer install it for me, although it's a job I could do in a few hours. It necessitates removal of the stereo and widening a half inch hole to an inch or so (std 12v receptacle hole), so I figured I'd let those guys deal with it. I mention this mod with some urgency, as I'm not sure how long Jensen will continue to manufacture this addition.

Anyway, figured I'd share that with you. And also i'm installing an 18p 4 blade prop to help with planing. And probably nicer new speakers.

Didn't you have a cool motor system monitoring device? I'd like to check that out again also.

Politics? Ugh. I'd rather think of lakes and boating - at least on this site. Thanks for being around!!!

Are there other 642 guys that survived? Lol, it's like post webmagheddon! I hope the site will be better than before. I'm sure it'll take me some time to get used to things.

Best, Jon
        Eagle Runner

Comment

Hey, Jon! I'd really like to hear about the new prop result. I've been pondering that as a to-do for next year. I have a lot to learn about what's best though.

Where did you get the Jensen kit? Sounds like it's worth $28 bucks to have on hand if I decide to do it at some point.

I did install the Mercruiser VesselView module; works great. Worth the cost in my opinion. Only thing that would make it perfect is if the app works on tablets; seems the app is only available for smartphones. Here's the BOC topic that discusses the module: https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...id817867/page2

As for rebuilding the 642 thread; it might just be you and me... But I am not fond of this new forum software at all...my time on BOC has gone done 75% or more. It is not user friendly at all IMHO.
          Rick
          [color = #4169E1]"Our Dream"[/color] -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642, 4.3 MPI Mercruiser

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

Comment

Rick thanks for the link! Agreeing with all points. Here's the link for the stereo addition. $17 now.

https://www.amazon.com/JENSEN-JENAUX.../dp/B002ZNXX7C

Best, Jon
            Eagle Runner

Comment

Working...
            X