where to get parts,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to get parts,

i have a 1990 baayliner capri 2070 bowrider and was wondering if anyone has any idea where to get parts for the interior as mine is missing engine cover and cushion to the left side of engine cover on top of the back

You should check eBay. They seam to have allot of used Bayliner parts.....

Comment

Seriously, some of these things are best home made. It’s not that hard especially if you have the messed up piece as a template. Something like a doghouse , cushions and such will work perfectly. They may not look exactly OEM but who cares things like reupholster in basic shapes is quite like Jr High sewing class and scissors a staple gun like an old T50 and monel or stainless staples is all you need. Forget the piping just tuck neatly. Don’t try to duplicate the factory exactly or you will just go nuts. Keep it simple and it works out fine. Hit YouTube, plenty of DIY goodies there.

Comment

I agree with driz. Even if you have to have a carpenter do the wood cutting for you, it’s well worth it. If you don’t have the old parts for templates, cardboard is a go to for making them. Absolutely use the right materials. If you are using plywood, marine grade fir. I like to seal wood in a 50/50 mix of catalyzed resin and acetone. As an alternative, Azack makes expanded foam board that works like plywood, hold staples and doesn’t rot. It’s used instead of plywood on decorative columns and other trim.
        Look at Perfect Fit for fabric, foam and then soft goods. They are suppliers to many boat builders, canvas shops and custom car shops as part of their business.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
        MMSI 367770440
        1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
        Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

My suggestion is to go with what you can do...I cut out seat bottoms on prior boat and my buggy. Treated them, cut vent and drain holes and took them to upholstery shop. They matched old material pretty close and was very reasonable.

did all seats and doghouse on my first boat, which was a Sea Ray too. Doing all wood work made job reasonable. For me managing the foam and upholstery is an art forms I don't have.

Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
          Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

Comment

Working...
          X