Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2455 Ciera - Ignition Alarm

Hi,

My ignition alarm stays on until the engine actually starts. It used to only be on for a few seconds, but it now lasts until the engine is running. I have gone through all the manuals I have and couldn't find anything about it. So I am either not having one of the books or I missed it. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks, G.

I owned my 2004 Trophy 2359 for 2 years and found my alarm wire was broke and fixed it. It stays on until the it senses oil pressure think it is like 6 psi.
    2004 Trophy 2359
    5.7 liter Carb
    Alpha
    15 hp Merc Kicker

Comment

Sounds like it’s actually operating correctly now. As previously stated, it’ll sound till oil pressure switch opens.
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
      (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
      The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd1ff View Post
        Hi,

My ignition alarm stays on until the engine actually starts. It used to only be on for a few seconds, but it now lasts until the engine is running. I have gone through all the manuals I have and couldn't find anything about it. So I am either not having one of the books or I missed it. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks, G.
        The alarm staying on until the engine starts is how my 2003 245 works.
        2003 Bayliner 245
        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Maybe you cleaned a connection by accident, and now the alarm is working correctly ?

In other words .... you added something, cleaned up a connection, or more likely a GROUND .

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Working...
          X