Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size is drain plug in 2005 bayliner 175. Where can I buy new one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size is drain plug in 2005 bayliner 175. Where can I buy new one?

What size is drainplug in 2005 Bayliner 175 and where can I buy a new one? Thanks!

The transom plug? 1/2" NPT. Boat store, Amazon, Walmart.
    Mocoondo
    2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
    Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
    MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Does anyone know if these are all the same? I am in need of one for a 1998 Bayliner Capri 1954cl and not sure what size. Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by johnstonjohnr View Post
          Does anyone know if these are all the same? I am in need of one for a 1998 Bayliner Capri 1954cl and not sure what size. Thank you in advance
          Same
          Best thing to buy is one of these
          https://www.westmarine.com/buy/braid...YaAq1jEALw_wcB

THey not only hold the plug when not in use, it is a floaty for your keys and is also a good wrench for tightening and loosening the plug

Click image for larger version

Name:	12790077.jpg
Views:	2053
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	394369
          Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

I’ve measured the plug and from everything I’m seeing it’s 3/4” I see the size mentioned here is 1/2” but I don’t want to order the wrong one. Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by KCKCleary View Post
              I’ve measured the plug and from everything I’m seeing it’s 3/4” I see the size mentioned here is 1/2” but I don’t want to order the wrong one. Any help here would be greatly appreciated
              a 1/2" NPT drain plug will measure 3/4".... because its a "pipe" plug, which pipe is measured at the inside diameter of the pipe itself where the liquid flows, regardless of the thread size necessary to connect all the fittings together...

the OD of the threads on a 3/4" pipe plug will measure 1".... a 1/2" garboard drain is very common, where 3/4" is rare and would likely have been installed aftermarket....

1/2" pipe plugs can be purchased at some automotive stores that have a boating section, any "real" sporting goods store, any home improvement store or hardware store.... I would stick with either bronze, stainless or brass... in that order

NU LIBERTE'
              Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
              5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
              N2K equipped throughout..
              2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
              2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
              '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
              Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

Working...
              X