Vacation and New Tower Pics-gctid400099

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation and New Tower Pics-gctid400099

Just spent a week on a lake in the Poconos in PA, and the house had a dock out front, so it was an incredible vacation with our boat. Attached are two pics of my 175 with the H20 tower, bimini, and wakeboard rack that I installed earlier this summer. I'm very happy with these new additions after considering many other choices for the tower. We did wakeboarding, tubing, water skiing, and knee boarding, and the boat performed like a champ. Did struggle to get a 200 pound skiier up on a single slalom ski, but he did get up eventually. Might consider upgrading the stock prop for next summer ....Kent

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/703791=29689-wakeboarding.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/703791=29690-Boat.jpg[/img]

Looks great and it sounds like you had fun.

For the 200lbr - I'd suggest a big guy ski like a Big Daddy or an older KD powercarve, the extra size makes getting out of the water a lot easier. On the prop, a 19 pitch 4 blade Solas also helps a bunch.

Comment

Sounds like fun!

Good deal

Comment

It is a bit hard to see in your first photo, but it looks like you don't have an observer watching your skier??

Comment

Some states/areas (ND is one of them) only require a rear view mirror. Can technically pull with no passenger in the boat.

Comment

DasCobra wrote:
            Some states/areas (ND is one of them) only require a rear view mirror. Can technically pull with no passenger in the boat.
            MN is like that too - mirror is OK. WI requires a spotter

Comment

DasCobra wrote:
              OK, thanks.

In Australia you must have an observer and there is a min. age requirement as well.

Comment

AZ requires an observer too, no way to go water skiing with admiral alone :sorrow:

Comment

I can see the observer sitting in the left side back to back seat. It is a she ....

Comment

Danny wrote:
                    OK, thanks.

In Australia you must have an observer and there is a min. age requirement as well.
                    Same in NZ. TBH I feel a lot safer having someone watching the skier as I watch out for ejits on jet skis.

The last time out we had one of these rocket scientists pass my skier between them and the beach at the landing zone just as they were about to let go of the rope.

Makes your blood boil. Lucky I didn't see him back at the ramp.

Comment

There is an observer in the back left seat -- she's sitting a bit down in the seat and is hard to see in the picture.

Comment

kent83 wrote:
                        Just spent a week on a lake in the Poconos in PA, and the house had a dock out front, so it was an incredible vacation with our boat. Attached are two pics of my 175 with the H20 tower, bimini, and wakeboard rack that I installed earlier this summer. I'm very happy with these new additions after considering many other choices for the tower. We did wakeboarding, tubing, water skiing, and knee boarding, and the boat performed like a champ. Did struggle to get a 200 pound skiier up on a single slalom ski, but he did get up eventually. Might consider upgrading the stock prop for next summer ....

Kent
                        Kent,

What lake? Wallenpaupack? We've been looking for a good lake in the Poconos. Most have prohibitive HP restrictions.

Comment

It was Wallenpaupack -- it gets pretty crowded on the weekends, and that eased up a bit during the week. We stayed on the north end, so I can't really speak about the rest of the lake. You'll always have boats around you, but we were always able to find the space to do what we wanted. I'd definitely go back again.

Comment

kent83 wrote:
                            It was Wallenpaupack -- it gets pretty crowded on the weekends, and that eased up a bit during the week. We stayed on the north end, so I can't really speak about the rest of the lake. You'll always have boats around you, but we were always able to find the space to do what we wanted. I'd definitely go back again.
                            Thanks Kent, we've been thinking about giving Lake W a try.

Comment

Macca wrote:
                              Same in NZ. TBH I feel a lot safer having someone watching the skier as I watch out for ejits on jet skis.

The last time out we had one of these rocket scientists pass my skier between them and the beach at the landing zone just as they were about to let go of the rope.

Makes your blood boil. Lucky I didn't see him back at the ramp.
                              I had one of them ejits a few weeks ago. I cruise anywhere from 25 to 35. He was jumping my wake at 15 to 20 feet. Illegal distance, plus jumping boat wakes is also illegal. I stopped dead in the water. He stopped, looked at me and said "What?" I told him that what he was doing was illegal. He said "So." I then prceeded to tell him to @$#% off and used a few other colorful metaphors. He then moved off in the opposite direction, but not without first telling me that I am number one.

I know this is not limited to our area, but it seems that at least 50% of the yahoos that pilot watercraft have no idea about the rules of safe boating or just don't care.

Kent83... I was on vacation last week and it rained every day. The boat never left the driveway. I am really jealous of your good time. Lucky devil!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X