Element Mercury 60 Bigfoot prop change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element Mercury 60 Bigfoot prop change

Hi everyone looking for some advice. Been doing my research on this forum and wanting to pick everyone thoughts.

My Element came with a 14 x 13 - 3 Blade prop. Looking to change out.

Want to keep the same top end speed with better hole shot.

Looks like everyone is changing out to 13.8 x 11 - 4 blade prop for better hole shot , but losing 4 mph on avg on top end speed.

I saw someone here change to a 13.8 x 13 - 4 blade prop. ( recommendation on that ?)

My marina ( which isn't near ) is suggesting a 3 blade 14 x 11 prop for what I am looking for.

Changing out and trying isn't really an option.

My issue as well is our boats don't come with Tachs so not sure what RPM's I am running also.

Don't want to get a prop that is over revving the engine as well.

Thoughts , suggestion from you guys would very much be appreciated

I got both the 11P and 13P and ended up keeping the 11P because I was more concerned with hole shot and never lost 4mph it was more like 1 or 2. I'd go with the 11P, which also runs at higher RPM's so the engine won't be working as hard (better gas efficiency). Good luck!
    2014 Flight Package Element
    Upgrades: 90HP, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade Prop, Mercury Monitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Radio w/4 speaker + subwoofer
    Lacey, WA

Comment

what was the difference between the 11p and 13P in our opinion?

Comment

what was the difference between the 11p and 13P in your opinion?

Comment

11p provided more hole shot and grip in the turns, while the 13P provided better hole shot then it's 3 blade counterpart it was nothing like the 11P. Again, the 11P also hit the RPM's sweet spot for performance. The 13P did have the advantage in almost maintaining same speed as the 3 blade. Hope that helps.
          2014 Flight Package Element
          Upgrades: 90HP, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade Prop, Mercury Monitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Radio w/4 speaker + subwoofer
          Lacey, WA

Comment

Working...
          X