Wrapping on seat foam-gctid821960

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapping on seat foam-gctid821960

The removable walk through pad on my sun pad on my 185 BR sport seating keeps getting waterlogged and wont dry out. So I unzipped it and found that the foam was in a sealed (but now torn) plastic bag. It lets water in, but not out easily. So, how do I deal with it? Try to seal it in another bag, or just leave it off?
    2006 185BR with a 3.0L, Sport Seating
    96 Seadoo GSX
    96 Seadoo GTX (2 of the them!) Find me at Seadooforum.com

You may be better off getting rid of the inner bag. That way you can hang the pad and the water will drop out.....eventually.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

O Pete is correct. The wrapping is to help insert the foam into the cover. It is not meant as a waterproof insulator. A popular misconception. Padding should be dry stored when not in use. The older padding lets water in through the seams and then water gets into the foam. I
      Bayliner 4387
      250 Hino's

Comment

It's probably a good idea to bring whatever will easily come off in the seat department right inside for the winter. It's a lot more stable conditions in your basement and you're very much less likely to have mice decide they're going to sample the fabric .

Comment

Ideally the bottom of your cushion should be covered with Phifertex. This is a material that will easily let the water drain out of the cushion. ( If the plastic around the foam is removed) If the bottom is currently vinyl you may want to have someone change it to Phifertex.
          Gibraltar, Mi.
          1986- 3870- Hino 175's - Just purchased May ,2017
          34' Tollycraft- sold
          88 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
          14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Working...
          X