in hull transducer temp sensor location-gctid399108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in hull transducer temp sensor location-gctid399108

anyone got pics of where they mounted their temperature sensor on the transom. I got the in hull transducer mounted and it works perfect, but want to make sure I get the temp sensor mounted on the transom in a good location.

thanks

nevermind, took matters into my own hands

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/702936=29606-IMAG0150.jpg[/img]

Comment

May be a stupid question but why not put the transducer in this spot as well then you get the best of both worlds.

This is where I have put mine but i have the transducer and temp in the one unit. (This could be your answer)

Nice job by the way

Comment

I have the in hull transducer, its epoxied to the inside of the hull right next to the bilge pump. It works great, but the temp sensor had to be in the water, so that was my solution.

Comment

It's a temperature sensor. In the water is the goal, location is moot, otherwise.

Comment

tbear wrote:
            It's a temperature sensor. In the water is the goal, location is moot, otherwise.
            Unless you read the instructions in the manual which say to not mount the sensor directly in front of the prop and it has to be atleast a foot from the transducer, but in the water is good too

Comment

What is the point of a water temp sensor?

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
                For the most part its just nice being able to monitor allthe conditions. Also fish tend to be attracted to warm spots in the water, so it has its fishing purposes also.

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
                  To tell you the water temp....

It also tells you when to put on a wet suit

Comment

Macca wrote:

Amen brother

Comment

Macca wrote:

You figure that out with a calendar - April or October you wear a wetsuit

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
                        You figure that out with a calendar - April or October you wear a wetsuit
                        Not down here......

We are in the high country lakes so maybe you would get away without one for 2 months during Dec and Jan.

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
                          lets me know how quickly/IF I'm jumping outta my boat to help someone else, lol

My Lowrance was a combo unit, so transducer was located for depth accuracy.

Not sure what my next unit will be. Still pondering....brother in law has one he never installed. Can't find it in him to drill into the boat, lmao. I have a portable for him.....Good Trade (Dances with Wolves)

Comment

Working...
                          X