My 2008 175-gctid399017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2008 175-gctid399017

Here is the new to me 2008 175....I will add more pics when I get home and snap a few.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/702705=29581-boat.jpg[/img]

Good looking boat.

Comment

Looks nice, have fun.

Comment

Thanks ya'll,

It is pretty nice, but I have some PO issues to work around. The stereo is wired all sorts of stupid. They used speaker, solid copper and tons of splices. The wiring used to the amp for the tower speakers is well below the required 8 ga, and is speaker wire also....So I am going to rewire the whole stereo and amp system.

Comment

Great looking rig, I really like the tower too. Rewiring the stereo should be a pretty easy job, a fun weekend project.

Here's a helpful tip, before you pull the old wiring out (especially inside that tower), tape the new wire to the end then pull it thru, you'll be routing the new at the same time that you remove the old.

Comment

^^ Oh beleive me, that is exactly what I am going to do!

Comment

You sure thats an '08? I ask because my '08 looks nothing like that, but my buddies '07 185 looks just like that color scheme wise. Unless I'm off . Either way you will enjoy it. I love the eas of use, maintenance and durability of this little boat.

Comment

Chip73 wrote:
                You sure thats an '08? I ask because my '08 looks nothing like that, but my buddies '07 185 looks just like that color scheme wise. Unless I'm off . Either way you will enjoy it. I love the eas of use, maintenance and durability of this little boat.
                Shaking my head and rolling my eyes......I agree with you Chip, the build sheet that came with it is a 2008, but the title is a 2007. So there lies the quandary, what year is it? Anyway, here are a couple more pics

Attached files http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img] http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Comment

08175N8 wrote:
                  Shaking my head and rolling my eyes......I agree with you Chip, the build sheet that came with it is a 2008, but the title is a 2007. So there lies the quandry, what year is it? Anyway, here are a couple more pics
                  The HIN will tell you the model year of the boat. Year built is the last 2 digits

Comment

I hate to say it, but we have already outgrown it...But it is a great little boat. We pull double tubes like it's no ones business and it will pop a skier out of the water like he is on springs. It's running a 14.5x19 SS 3 blade, but I would like to go to a Solas 14.25x20 4 blade, just to see if we can get a few more MPH out of it cruising.

I am looking at maybe next season getting into a 19 or 21' with the integrated wake tower.

Comment

Outgrew it in two days? haha

Comment

vtx531 wrote:
                        Outgrew it in two days? haha
                        No, we have had it a little over a month....It is a blast, but I want at least a 9 seater!

Comment

08175N8 wrote:
                          No, we have had it a little over a month....It is a blast, but I want at least a 9 seater!
                          I am in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. Our 175 is small for us but the ability to fit in my garage, easily trailered and easy to maintain keeps me in it. Honestly, I would love a Yamaha (I know) but The size brings with it some real logistic issues. So the 175 it is.

Comment

Mine is a 2004 and looks identical inside and out apart from the external graphic's. However, I thought the later ones had a curved windscreen, obviously that must have been even later then a 2008.

Comment

Chip73 wrote:
                              I am in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. Our 175 is small for us but the ability to fit in my garage, easily trailered and easy to maintain keeps me in it. Honestly, I would love a Yamaha (I know) but The size brings with it some real logistic issues. So the 175 it is.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X