Will this prop work on my 3.0l 175-gctid819156

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this prop work on my 3.0l 175-gctid819156

I'm needing to replace my stock prop and found a well priced SS unit on iboats though the dimensional match is not exact. My factory prop is a 14.25x21 aluminum and the replacement in SS is 14.5x21. Will this work? Thanks!

Short reply Yes !

SS are not called gear eaters for nothing if you hit a submerged object you will be calling them that also.
    Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

"Leavenworth" post=819156 wrote:
      I'm needing to replace my stock prop and found a well priced SS unit on iboats though the dimensional match is not exact. My factory prop is a 14.25x21 aluminum and the replacement in SS is 14.5x21. Will this work? Thanks!
      If you PM me I have a NIB aluminum prop that I bought as a spare for my 175 that I never needed, and was thinking of selling. It's not a Merc brand prop (can't recall brand and I am on a train right now) but it matches the factory size. If you send me an email address I can send photos, details, and a price to you tomorrow....

Comment

Aluminum and stainless steel don't perform the same, a 21 pitch aluminum would be more like a 19" stainless, so that 21" stainless would perform like a 23 aluminum. Diameter reflects more on model of prop, surface area changes by model. If you're getting a great bargain on a stainless prop having it in inventory is never a bad thing. This just maybe more prop than your boat can handle.

Comment

Working...
        X