Element XL - Never made it to the lake last week....-gctid816945

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element XL - Never made it to the lake last week....-gctid816945

Well this happened. Surprisingly the boat shows no damage from the side impact. It may be there beneath the surface but it's not visible. The bottom? Who knows?

Supposed to be evaluated by an expert fiberglass repair guy who will provide an estimate or determine if satisfactory repairs can even be made.

Has anyone had a boat dropped like this? I'd rather they total it at this point but I am not sure they will based on the insured value.

Attached files

I would want it totalled as well. I saw you posted this on the BOC FB page, too.

I am sorry this happened to you, but on the bright side, you're okay, nobody got hurt, and everything is insured.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Ouch. If it's anything like aircraft (don't ask how I know), they'll total it if the repair cost exceeds 80% of the insured value. Ask the repair guy to send you a detailed list of the repair costs. If it is just under being totaled, go over it with a fine-tooth comb looking for things that were missed. It the motor was involved in any way (even if it hit the ground), I'd insist on a tear-down to look for internal damage, including a post-repair sea-trial by the mechanic to be sure it is fixed correctly before accepting it.
      Lake Memphremagog, Newport, VT
      2015 Bayliner 175 BR
      Mercruiser 135/3.0 MPI Alpha One

Comment

Sorry to see this. Was the idiot that hit you texting?
        2017 Element e16 - 75hp Mercury

Comment

I will have parts for sale....see the classified section

Comment

I don't see no pics.
            Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

I didn't post any pics of the parts. I can send pics of anything you're interested in.

Comment

Working...
              X