Ski Mirror for Element XL-gctid816409

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Mirror for Element XL-gctid816409

Any recommendations for a ski mirror for an Element XL? There is a suction cup mount version out there, which would be perfect, but it gets really bad reviews.

CIPA 11073 Concept II Black 4" x 8" Marine Mirror

Have it on my VR6 -

Comment

"mjoseph20" post=816409 wrote:
      Any recommendations for a ski mirror for an Element XL? There is a suction cup mount version out there, which would be perfect, but it gets really bad reviews.
      One of the guys on here posted some photos of the X2000 ski mirror that he got from overtons. Looked like a nice setup for the Element console....so I bought one. Just got it the other day and have not installed it yet. It's a little on the small side.....I like big convex mirrors that are out of the away above the windshield.....but when you got no windshield, you gotta make some compromises.....

Comment

I really like my Cipa 11083 - It's 4x11 and clamps perfectly on my VR5 windshield.

Attached files

Comment

"freechip" post=817734 wrote:
          I really like my Cipa 11083 - It's 4x11 and clamps perfectly on my VR5 windshield.

[attachment]39200 wrote:
          11083.jpg[/attachment]
          Those won't work well on the Element because there is no windshield, at least not on any US models, there is only a very short very thin plexiglass wind deflector, which will niot accommodate the typical clamp-on types, and even if they did, they would be too low and not adequately offset from the helmsman. The only two that I have found that would work is the clamp-on X1000 (overtons and not sure who else) which is low but offset and meant for the thin wind deflectors (but might scratch it), and the X2000 which mounts to the console and the height is adjustable.

Comment

Right, that's what I get for not being familiar with the Element despite looking at it for some time at the dealer and boat show.

Comment

Working...
            X