Clock-gctid816140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock-gctid816140

I have a 2008 205br. I would like to add a clock to the dash panel, any ideas?

A $10 dollar digital wrist watch and put it on onr of the spokes on your sterrin wheel
    Jay Myers
    Raystown Lake Huntingdon PA
    2013 170 115fs
    2011 Jeep Compass

Comment

Google, motorcycle clocks. There are a few companies that make waterproof clocks for mounting on a motorcycle. Some have a bracket or stud in back for mounting. I had one on my previous boat and it worked well.
      1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
      2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
      Anacortes, WA
      Isla Verde, PR

Comment

I thought about having a clock at one time. Faria makes a couple marine (analog) clock gauges that can be mounted into the dash. They are available online at iBoats, West Marine, etc. They are a bit pricey (IMHO) for a clock; around $60-90 depending upon the merchant. Norton's suggestion of a motorcycle clock is also a good one. I've seen nice ones for around $40 - both with a mounting bracket or even stick-on. You need something that's going to be water and weather resistant; so, you might want to steer away from the cheap stick-on types make for car dashboards. (Although they are usually under $10 at most automotive stores, so it is easy to replace.)

I finally decided against adding a clock gauge because my GPS has a time display. And we always have our mobile phones with us, which also display time; so I kind of thought the dash clock just wasn't worth the cost or effort to install.
        Rick
        "Our Dream" -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642, 4.3 MPI Mercruiser

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

Comment

"Norton Rider" post=816267 wrote:
          Google, motorcycle clocks. There are a few companies that make waterproof clocks for mounting on a motorcycle. Some have a bracket or stud in back for mounting. I had one on my previous boat and it worked well.
          I got a motorcycle thermometer a while back that works great on my dash.
          Simo
          2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
          Shameless lurking on Lake Keowee with a Harris Cruiser 210 Tritoon/Mercury 150XL EFI

Comment

Working...
          X