Bought a new to me 184 FS-gctid812600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a new to me 184 FS-gctid812600

First let me say thanks for the info/tips while I was looking at the boat. We took the test ride last Friday and bought the boat that afternoon. The boat has a 90 HP outboard with a 19p aluminum prop. Took it out on the lake on Saturday and with the wife and I in it at wide open throttle (5500 rpm) the boat topped out at 39 mph on the gps and 42 mph on the dash and cruised at about 30 mph at 4500 rpm. I was concerned that the 90 wouldn't get the boat up on plane, but we had no issues...other than the boat quickly filling with water which sent me into panic mode since I had owned the boat about 24 hours at the time. After about 2 hours on the water I opened the ski locker and saw a considerable amount of water. I called the dealer we bought it from and they got it in right away. They quickly figured out that the livewell pump was cracked and water was free flowing into the boat. They replaced the pump at no cost and we are good to go. Can't wait to get back out on the water soon. I am sure I will have lots of questions so don't go far! My first project will be to put in a new sonar/gps in the next couple of weeks. Any suggestions for upgrades or performance improvements would be greatly appreciated.

2005 Bayliner 184 Fish and Ski
    90 HP Mercury
    19p Aluminum Prop
    Northern Michigan
Working...
X