Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bayliner, some VesselView Mobile questions-gctid811268

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Bayliner, some VesselView Mobile questions-gctid811268

    Bought my 2017 e16 in Feb with a 75hp. First mod was the VVM bluetooth adapter. Installation was pretty straight forward, but I have some questions about GPH. The kit didn't come with a manual, just an installation pamphlet. I was pretty excited about having GPH, but after running it for the first time Saturday, it seemed to do nothing. There isn't much to edit when the boat isn't running, so it was hard to mess with it while the boat was underway.

    After I got home, I did some research, the only info I could find were people using regular VV modules that have been around for a couple of years. They were saying you had to put in your fuel capacity, fuel your boat, run it for a bit and refill and let the system know how much you used. The problem is, I can't find any way to input any of this information into VVM. Has anyone been successful getting GPH to work?

    #2
    I didn't realize that there was a GPH function. I input the amount of fuel that I start with, and the VVM estimates the amount used with no further calibration.....and it is pretty accurate. It is easy for the system to estimate based on injector pulses...

    I will have to play with it to see if I can find a GPH function....that would be nice to have to help find "optimum cruise."

    Comment


      #3
      Where is the exact "full" mark on the e16 gas tank? I fill the tank up to about 2" from the lip of the fill hole. Not sure if I'm overfilling or even if it maters using the SC-1000 to calculate my fuel burn.

      Comment


        #4
        The tanks are designed with "expansion zones" which are higher than the fill hole.....so I fill right to the bottom of the fill hole.....

        Comment


          #5
          "TechHandyman" post=811268 wrote:
          Bought my 2017 e16 in Feb with a 75hp. First mod was the VVM bluetooth adapter. Installation was pretty straight forward, but I have some questions about GPH. The kit didn't come with a manual, just an installation pamphlet. I was pretty excited about having GPH, but after running it for the first time Saturday, it seemed to do nothing. There isn't much to edit when the boat isn't running, so it was hard to mess with it while the boat was underway.

          After I got home, I did some research, the only info I could find were people using regular VV modules that have been around for a couple of years. They were saying you had to put in your fuel capacity, fuel your boat, run it for a bit and refill and let the system know how much you used. The problem is, I can't find any way to input any of this information into VVM. Has anyone been successful getting GPH to work?
          I would contact Mercury Customer Support. They are very very helpful.
          QuickChek over Wawa
          Taylor Ham not Pork Roll


          2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
          Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP MPI Alpha 1 Gen II

          Sold 2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
          Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

          Sold 1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
          Evinrude 88 Special

          Restoring 1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
          1992 Johnson 40HP

          40°55'22.9"N 74°39'11.9"W

          Comment


            #6
            "6104696" post=811582 wrote:
            I didn't realize that there was a GPH function. I input the amount of fuel that I start with, and the VVM estimates the amount used with no further calibration.....and it is pretty accurate. It is easy for the system to estimate based on injector pulses...

            I will have to play with it to see if I can find a GPH function....that would be nice to have to help find "optimum cruise."
            Where do you input the fuel amount?

            Comment


              #7
              "TechHandyman" post=811726 wrote:
              "6104696" post=811582 wrote:
              I didn't realize that there was a GPH function. I input the amount of fuel that I start with, and the VVM estimates the amount used with no further calibration.....and it is pretty accurate. It is easy for the system to estimate based on injector pulses...

              I will have to play with it to see if I can find a GPH function....that would be nice to have to help find "optimum cruise."
              Where do you input the fuel amount?
              From the main data screen, tap the fuel gauge. Then tap total fuel. This should enable you to enter the amount of fuel that you are starting with. You can reset it every time you fill up.

              Meanwhile, I found the GPH function and mine works perfectly.

              Comment

              Working...
              X