Stuck seat pedestals on bayliner 185

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck seat pedestals on bayliner 185

The seat pedestal on my bay 185 is stuck and will not rotate. There is a hand lever you lift on it to one side and the seat would slide back and forth, you lift it to the other side and the seat would rotate. The swivel part is not working. Took it apart and tried oil, wd40 you name but still it wont budge. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Come on guys, certainly someone on here has his boat seat stuck and will not rotate.

Comment

I believe there is a pin that disengages from a hole in the vertical pole allowing the seat to swivel. Are you sure that the pin is disengaging? It is a pretty simple system...pin retracts out of the hole, seat swivels around a plastic bushing.
      Mocoondo
      2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
      Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
      MMSI: 338091755

Comment

The other thing that would prevent of turning is the friction screw...but since you said you completely dismantled it I guess you loosened that screw.

Comment

Mine turns but it is very difficult. I have had luck "swiveling" it while standing and turning it for me is fine as I obviously don't turn the seat while under way..
          Lake Hartwell, GA
          2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
          1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
          1987 SeaRay 300 - Twin 454’s
          1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
          1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
          1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
          1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO
          1996 SeaDoo GTX
          1999 SeaDoo GTX

Comment

Thanks guys. Im takng the mechanism apart and i will put it back and try all the advices on here.

Comment

Any luck with this I have same issue

Comment

As mentioned, I would take it apart, clean and lube with a “dry” lube or even a release agent. Probably one of those things that if you don’t use it, it doesn’t work...I had the same issue with my Pontoon helm seat, over time it looked as if there was some sort of grease that was there between the seat base and the receiving tube that became hard and brittle...certainly would make it difficult to spin...cleaned and lived with a dry lube, such as moly works great..
                Lake Hartwell, GA
                2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
                1996 SeaDoo GTX
                1999 SeaDoo GTX

Comment

Can't get the pedestal out of the base of the seat to replace mechanism or take apart. Ant hints besides a grenade. This is a 2105 with 24 hrs garages and taken care of looks real.clean.

Comment

When all else fails......apply heat...I don’t know if it might leave a “burn” mark on the collar that you are heating....I guess if it did, you could always sand it to remove with some solvent or acetone, if that failed, then maybe paint it...you never see it anyway...definitely a two person job I think while one heats the collar, the other pulls, wiggles, lifts the seat..
                    Lake Hartwell, GA
                    2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
                    1996 SeaDoo GTX
                    1999 SeaDoo GTX

Comment

Working...