Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Converting Lounge to Pedestal Seat Please-gctid809170

Hey Everyone,

I have a 87 Bayliner Capri 1750 Bow Rider and I would like to convert the lounge seat to a pedestal seat. I took the lounge off but not too sure howe to remove the box..

Could maybe some of you experts shine some light for me on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Dezi

Attached files

That would be a good mod!

I've done that to my Fourwinns...

Box removed, holes all sealed, new carpet installed.

Box should be just screwed down.

Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

I hope it is just screwed. Problem is I don't see any screws yet I will be removing some of the carpet and also inside to see what's going on. I would love some more room behind me but also adding the new seat I can have some more height to see over the windshield.

I will get lot's of photos along the way and make sure I post them here

Comment

I changed the passenger side that had the lounge and then changed the drivers seat to match once seat was removed the box was just screwed down. Might add I'm about to put a slide on passenger side to be able to move it in and out a bit

2012 Bayliner 175
        Brisbane Australia

Comment

I keep looking at the ratty lounges in my 2252 Capri and wondering if there is a way to simply mount captains chairs on top of the boxes rather than removing them. As much of a pain those things are they do give valuable storage I need. Has anyone ever mounted captains chairs like this? I can't seem to find any pictures or mention of doing it this way. Any ideas or pics please do direct me to them as mine were starting to look cruddy a decade ago and they aren't getting prettier.

Comment

I thought about leaving the box as well but the reason why I am installing the seat is so I have more room to walk and such. We will be using the boat mostly for fishing.

On my 87 1750 it is glassed in. Not screwed.. But I got most of the box out now and just have to do some trimming and get ready for new base to mount.

Comment

"Dezmond" post=809336 wrote:
              I thought about leaving the box as well but the reason why I am installing the seat is so I have more room to walk and such. We will be using the boat mostly for fishing.

On my 87 1750 it is glassed in. Not screwed.. But I got most of the box out now and just have to do some trimming and get ready for new base to mount.
              Mine is bigger with more room to move around back there. Also I don't much need the room since I have a bass boat for that mission. The wife is adamant about keeping those rear two seats in. spite of having two others back with the doghouse. I usually end up going out alone anyways Go figure....... I've thought about simply mounting them directly on a plywood base if an almost flush pivot mount doesn't prove practical. Trouble is it's not east planning things like that out without the parts on hand and I don't want to $$$ something to find out it's not gonna fit or work.right. Don't want a Homer Simpson moment.hmy: :sick:

Comment

I have a 88. I just did the deck in. Bad news, it's fiberglassed in. Good news, it's separate from the deck.

Here's what I did. I used a angle grinder, with a thin cutting disk. Cut as close to the deck as I could and then use a sanding disk to make it flush with the deck. You'll need to re carpet the deck. And cover everything in plastic, you'll get fiberglass dust everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                X