prop hub kit-gctid808988

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prop hub kit-gctid808988

I need some help changing out my prop. I have an 87 capri with an 85hp force. The boat came with an extra prop but no hub assembly. My question is do I match a hub kit with the prop or the outboard? The spare prop is a mi wheel 992105 13x19, which is the same size/pitch as the one I am currently using. However, the one on my force now is pretty nicked up so I would like to change it out and keep it for a spare. I removed it but I am not sure if the hub assembly can come out. It seems pretty tight and I don't want to damage anything by forcing it out. And it would be nice to simply get another assembly so I have 2 ready to go,

Thanks.
    87 Capri 1700 Bowrider
    85hp Force

Anyone?
    87 Capri 1700 Bowrider
    85hp Force

Comment

The prop I had it was all a one piece hub/prop for an 86 force85hp. it looks pressed in and snug as heck.. prop is shot. I found a local boat shop and did some redneck converting to a through hub. am using a quicksilver prop and I think its corresponding 15 spline hub kit. I should know if it works either Monday or Tuesday.
      85 Bayliner Capri 1600 with 85 hp us marine outboard

Comment

It depends on the prop. Most original props have a pressed in hub that require like 2000lbs of pressure to put in.

You will have to take the prop to a chandler or prop show to have them look at it. If it is an after market prop then it is very possible it is a removable hub.
        Craig
        Nanaimo bc
        1987 bayliner 3818
        w/ 175 Hinos no Genny, but solar to run everything!
        10ft Livingston with centre console and 15hp on davits / winch

Comment

I guess I am still confused on what to look for. Does the hub kit need to be matched with my 85hp 1987 Force or does is need to be matched with the spare prop I have, Michigan Wheel Vortex 13x19 992105, or both?
          87 Capri 1700 Bowrider
          85hp Force

Comment

It depends on the prop. Can you take it to a chandler or prop service place to look at? Or even take a pic of it and email them?

Sorry not sure about this. just had the same issue with my prop and got a crash course in prop hubs.
            Craig
            Nanaimo bc
            1987 bayliner 3818
            w/ 175 Hinos no Genny, but solar to run everything!
            10ft Livingston with centre console and 15hp on davits / winch

Comment

MW vortex will need a XHS hub kit or equivalent Mercury flo torque.
              Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
              Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
              93 3058 sold
              92 2855 (day boat)
              91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
              Longbranch WA
              Life is Good

Comment

Working...
              X