Portable shade...-gctid808693

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable shade...-gctid808693

Have ordered this T-Top shade for our 175. It will attach to the rear rail of stock Bimini. Looking forward to longer time "on the water". Will post more pics when installed.

Attached files

"Leavenworth" post=808693 wrote:
    Have ordered this T-Top shade for our 175. It will attach to the rear rail of stock Bimini. Looking forward to longer time "on the water". Will post more pics when installed.
    Where did you order from? We went out in the Sound for the first time last week and my wife was asking me about more sun coverage. This looks like a nice option.
    This is my first boat...2016 Bayliner 175BR, 3.0 Mercruiser, 135 hp, Bimini cover, Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro. Live in Federal Way, WA

This is my blog tracking my experiences as a new boat owner in the Puget Sound region. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/puget-sound-boating

Comment

Go2Marine. They have them on sale now for $483 plus freight, tax.

#485437 Taylor Made T-Top Boat Shade Kit, 4' x 5'.

I plan to mount a couple of nice rod holders at the transom corners or on my swim platform to hold the adjustable rear support poles. The unit should arrive tomorrow so I will checkout my attaching options.

Comment

Wow, thats a lot more that I thought it would be. I'm going to get a hold of the guy that made my custom bimini and see what he'd charge. Then I can also ensure it's made of the same Sunbrella fabric and I'll know the color will match.

Will still love to see pics when you get your up!
        This is my first boat...2016 Bayliner 175BR, 3.0 Mercruiser, 135 hp, Bimini cover, Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro. Live in Federal Way, WA

This is my blog tracking my experiences as a new boat owner in the Puget Sound region. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/puget-sound-boating

Comment

Jasongind,

One of the features of this one is that it has about 20% stretch thereby negating additional framework or tieoffs to keep it taught. If you were to use Sunbrella then it wouldn't stretch out well and would flap in the wind while underway. The product is black which will match my Bimini. This kit is rated for up to 30 knots.

Comment

Interesting. Does it snap or attach to the back of the Bimini is some way? I assume for that price ot comes with whatever poles and hardware to install it as well.

Comment

All hardware included. I will likely install ss grommets in Bimini. Will install this weekend and report with pictures.

Comment

Look at Completed Projects Forum for pictures. Turned out great!

Comment

I could only get my photo on my avatar. A bit grainy but shows extension of Bimini. We like it.

Comment

Looks like a good idea. May be I can look for something like this for the cockpit of my 2850.

Joe
                    1986 2850 Commend Bridge on hydrohoist
                    A260 and AQ280 with DP lower unit

Comment

Why black I wonder? Isn't that the last color you want in hard sun, just wondering?

Comment

I wondered too. My Bimini is black so it matches. The mfg states that "sun" side of fabric has heat reflecting product woven in. Very comfortable underneath. Liking it so far.

Comment

Working...
                        X