Element Owners...where have you put your registration numbers-gctid808139

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element Owners...where have you put your registration numbers-gctid808139

So it looks like VA is finally getting around to sending me the registration for the E18. The standard two letters, a space, four numbers, a space, and two letters The numbers will need to be bookended on each side by a 3x3 registration sticker, and by a saltwater fishing license sticker.

I always prefer to have my regulatory and registration stickers all above the rub rail. The logical and legal place on this boat would be between the midships cleat and the forward cleat. However that would require removal of the factory "e18" decal, which I could do but am not keen on. Yeah it could probably all fit ahead of the decal, but it would probably look a bit "busy" or cluttered. Where have you guys been putting your numbers? Pics? I have searched for pics but most of the Element photos on the forum are of sponson drains and smarttabs......

Thanks in advance......

Attached files

Here are some guidelines/rules on the numbers. Also, keep in mind that some states prescribe where the state registration decal should be in relation to the registration numbers.

https://www.usps.org/national/vsc/fo...es/display.htm
    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA

Comment

"Norton Rider" post=808148 wrote:
      Here are some guidelines/rules on the numbers. Also, keep in mind that some states prescribe where the state registration decal should be in relation to the registration numbers.

https://www.usps.org/national/vsc/fo...es/display.htm
      Thanks. Very familiar with the state regs. They provide lots of leeway and discretion....and I am just curious as to where other element owners have put them. They could go above the rub rail, below the rub rail, close to the bow, closer to amidships (on the front half of the vessel), etc. I usually like them above the rub rail, about 3/4 of the way forward....but the factory "e18" decal is in the way. Trying to decide if I want to remove the e18 decal, or if another location might look better....

Comment

I put mine below the rub rail.

Comment

I also put mine below the rub rail. Just behind the horn vent. I used 3 inch decals and they seem way to big for the boat. Nearly the size of the Element logo on the side. All the other boats around here seem to have used much smaller stickers. Maybe the 3 inch rule is new?
          2017 Element e16 - 75hp Mercury

Comment

Here's where mine is.

Comment

Working...
            X