1995 Trophy 2002 w/ 1996 Force 120HP-gctid808066

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 Trophy 2002 w/ 1996 Force 120HP-gctid808066

Thought I would share that after doing spark plugs, oil change, fuel filter, fuel water separator, cleaned the carbs, new water pump impeller, and a concentrated SeaFoam treatment (1 gallon of gas with oil, mixed with 16 ounces of SeaFoam), my motor is now running better than ever. I was cruising at about 23MPH against the rivers current at 4k RPM, and at WOT (about 5300 RPM), I was hitting 30.7 MPH. Last season before this work, I was just hitting 23MPH max with the current. The amount of carbon the SeaFoam blew out of the motor was amazing. I let the motor idle in fresh cold water (with continuous fresh/cold water running) running just on the SeaFoam and gas mixture. It idled for roughly an hour, and even the sound of the motor improved. I am curious to see how fast I can get the boat if I change the pitch of the prop I am using. My current prop is a Stainless Steel one, but the pitch is unknown as I havent taken it off yet since buying the boat. I am looking for higher top end/cruising speed. I figure I can keep my current prop as a spare on the boat for a "just incase" scenario.

Okay so I checked my prop, it is a 13.5 x 17 SS 3 blade. I have roughly 3/4" gap between the prop and lower unit itself so I dont really feel comfortable increasing in diameter size, but I will be playing with the idea of 4 blade props and increasing the pitch a bit.

Comment

Bumping this to the top... anyone have any advice on props for this, or advice about the motor itself? Any and all help appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X