Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Boat Owner with New 175 BR-gctid807109

Hello all,

I just brought home our new 175BR. I had a Bimini cover installed and my Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro installed as well. I wanted to take it out today but decided to install an hour meter gauge before getting it out to accurately track hours for maintenance.

We live in Federal Way, WA only 5 mins from the Redondo Boat launch which goes into the Puget Sound. We're looking forward to this summer even more now.

Here are some pics...

Attached files

This is my first boat...2016 Bayliner 175BR, 3.0 Mercruiser, 135 hp, Bimini cover, Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro. Live in Federal Way, WA

This is my blog tracking my experiences as a new boat owner in the Puget Sound region. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/puget-sound-boating

Welcome new to this site myself. Nice boat hope you enjoy it
    2012 Bayliner 175
    Brisbane Australia

Comment

Looks like a nice boat. You will have lots of fun with it for sure. It is good that you are thinking ahead about maintenance schedules. And, welcome to BOC.

Greg
      Newport, Oregon
      South Beach Marina
      1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
      Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
      Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Nice boat....kinda partial to red myself...

Attached files

Lake Hartwell, GA
        2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
        1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
        1987 SeaRay 300 - Twin 454’s
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO
        1996 SeaDoo GTX
        1999 SeaDoo GTX

Comment

We got great service out of our 175Br for 10 seasons. Just keep everything cleaned and lubed (and spray the engine compartment with silicone spray or another rust inhibitor), and it will give you great service too, for many seasons.

Up your way I recall that there is a lot of saltwater, brackish water, and also fresh water. If you are going to use that painted trailer in salt or brackish water you are going to want to hose it off REALLY REALLY well or it will rust badly in short order.

Comment

"6104696" post=807159 wrote:
            We got great service out of our 175Br for 10 seasons. Just keep everything cleaned and lubed (and spray the engine compartment with silicone spray or another rust inhibitor), and it will give you great service too, for many seasons.

Up your way I recall that there is a lot of saltwater, brackish water, and also fresh water. If you are going to use that painted trailer in salt or brackish water you are going to want to hose it off REALLY REALLY well or it will rust badly in short order.
            If is a tubing built trailer, flush the inside of the tubing REALLY, REALLY well too!

Greg
            Newport, Oregon
            South Beach Marina
            1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
            Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
            Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

That's a galvanized trailer BTW
              2015 Bayliner 175
              3.0L, Alpha 1
              Paradise, NL, Canada

Comment

Cannot tell from your picture but make sure you store the boat when not in use with the outdrive in the lowered position. This avoids putting stress on the bellows which could lead to premature failure. Critical to remember to raise the drive before you tow it though!
                2012 185 4.3l

Comment

Welcome! We loved our 175. It was a great boat then 2-foot-itis set in. And I still have it. :lol:

Comment

"CraigM" post=807166 wrote:
                    That's a galvanized trailer BTW
                    Oops. May have been looking at RobMick's painted trailer photo, thinking it was OP's. I can't view the OP's photos now.

Comment

Welcome! I have the same boat 2015 in black. We love it. You'll like the swim platform. You'll want to add smart tabs for improved handling and getting up to plane faster. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of boating...looks like your boat is fully jammed and good to go. Enjoy!

Comment

So I've been researching the Smart Tabs and really want to get some. I noticed though the dealer installed the Dragonfly transducer where I'd put the right Smart Tab.

If I move the transducer to install Smart Tabs how do I fill the holes so they don't leak?
                          This is my first boat...2016 Bayliner 175BR, 3.0 Mercruiser, 135 hp, Bimini cover, Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro. Live in Federal Way, WA

This is my blog tracking my experiences as a new boat owner in the Puget Sound region. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/puget-sound-boating

Comment

Someone else might chime in but I'd use 3M5200 or marine epoxy.

Comment

+1 on the 5200. Once and done...
                              Lake Hartwell, GA
                              2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
                              1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
                              1987 SeaRay 300 - Twin 454’s
                              1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
                              1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
                              1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
                              1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO
                              1996 SeaDoo GTX
                              1999 SeaDoo GTX