Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capri 212 2003 rear seat template-gctid806606

Hi All,

One of the rear seats on starboard has had the plywood base disintegrate. The upholstery is ok but I cannot use the damaged timber as a template for the new replacement as it is too damaged. Does anyone know if it is identical but reversed of the port side and I can use that as a template and turn it upside down? Alternatively is there a drawing that can be downloaded as a template?

Many thanks

My 1850 Capri was missing rear seats and I had an upholstery guy create new seats. He just measured seat to fit tight between engine cowling and bulkhead. This works good for seating - but if you want to make the back area into a bench you will need to rebuild the base. If you do find the templates on line, I too would be interested.

Good luck
    Bryan Fliegel
    1997 1850 SE Bowrider
    4.3 L Mercruiser

Comment

It is simply the mirror image of the other side. You can cut the exact same size piece and then turn it over. The pads across the smaller boats were all the same back then. I had the board split on my port side and Bayliner replaced it, then it split again. Over the years, I removed the wood from all three pads and replaced it with starboard and that was the end of my problems.
      Mocoondo
      2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
      Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
      MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I tried googling starboard thinking it was a plywood replacement material but came up with nothing?

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=star...obile&ie=UTF-8
          Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
          Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
          93 3058 sold
          92 2855 (day boat)
          91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
          Longbranch WA
          Life is Good

Comment

Working...
          X