Trophy 2002 Outboard Help-gctid802359

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy 2002 Outboard Help-gctid802359

On my 1995 Trophy 2002 I have a 1996 Force 120HP. From the research I did, this years motor measured the HP at the power head, and not the prop like newer motors, so I am really only getting around 95-100 HP at the prop. The current motor is weighing in at about 300 pounds. Would a newer 150HP that measures 150 HP at the prop be okay for the boat? Transom is sturdy and strong. I know the label says 175HP MAX, but I wanted to get others opinions before looking further into this. Another question, if I keep my Force 120 (Good compression against all cylinders), is there any way I can tweak the motor or replace some parts to make it stronger? Thanks for the help.

Nick

A newer 150 will do just fine...Just any brand will be fine..Deep six that Force. A 4 str is going to be heavier,but what you gain in overall performance will make it worth it. Evinrude E-Tec's are gaining a huge following.

Comment

Ive been eyeing some E-tecs but the price is a pretty penny!

Comment

I am not sure where you are located but I can't remember the last time I saw an E-TEC. Western Washington in my estimation is 50% Yamaha, 35% Honda, 15% Mercury. The EPA will eventually regulate the 2 stroke, if the warranty replacements don't cause them to go under.
        Brett & Elise, Sammy + Wilson
        New Addition - 2002 Trophy 2002WA FF Optimax 135
        GO HAWKS!

Comment

E Tec burns cleaner than any 4 stroke OBs out there...
          Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
          Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
          93 3058 sold
          92 2855 (day boat)
          91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
          Longbranch WA
          Life is Good

Comment

Working...
          X