Element e16 Safety Equipment Storage-gctid801801

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element e16 Safety Equipment Storage-gctid801801

I see that this boat has a requirement for 1 type IV throw able PFD but I don't see and sensible location to mount one. Leaving it out lying around will end up having it fly overboard while underway. Storing under the drivers seat seems the logical choice but is that still readily accessible? What do you guys do? Also did you mount your Type B fire extinguisher somewhere on deck or store under a seat? I can just see a kid busting it off the mount in such tight areas. Not sure there is room under the helm without kicking it all the time.
    2017 Element e16 - 75hp Mercury

I keep a kit, that includes a throwable float, in the battery compartment along with the life jackets.

As far as the fire extinguisher, see attached picture for the location I use.

Take care, on and off the water

Oakplank

Attached files

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
    2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
    12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

This is the throwaway flotation device that I was told was appropriate for my Element. It easily stores with the life jackets in the battery compartment. I have a decal on the outside bottom of the seat that has a picture of a life jacket and the word "inside". That way all aboard will know where to get the life jackets should there be an emergency.

Comment

"oakplank" post=801890 wrote:
        This is the throwaway flotation device that I was told was appropriate for my Element. It easily stores with the life jackets in the battery compartment. I have a decal on the outside bottom of the seat that has a picture of a life jacket and the word "inside". That way all aboard will know where to get the life jackets should there be an emergency.

[attachment]34961 wrote:
        IMG_1184.PNG[/attachment]
        In the US that throw line is not a legal, Type IV device. A type IV needs to be marked as such and consists of a cushion, ring buoy, etc. The throw line is definitely a good thing to have in addition to a Type IV.

As far as being readily accessible, this is somewhat subjective. When I do Vessel Safety Checks and I'm OK with a throwable under a seat or in a storage compartment, as long as there isn't a bunch of junk in the way pf the PFD. A decal or label on the outside of the compartment is a great idea.
        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
        Anacortes, WA

Comment

Good feedback guys, thanks.

Comment

"oakplank" post=801820 wrote:
            I keep a kit, that includes a throwable float, in the battery compartment along with the life jackets.

As far as the fire extinguisher, see attached picture for the location I use.

[attachment]34936 wrote:
            IMG_1194.JPG[/attachment]

Take care, on and off the water

Oakplank
            This seems like a peculiar location to put the fire extinguisher. It is likely the fire would be in that area of the boat seeing is how that is the ventilation holes for the fuel tank compartment. If the tank or fuel lines caught on fire, I don't think that I would want to reach that close and try and get that FE out of that wedged in location so close. Under the drivers seat might be better as it is further away and not out in the open for a kid to bust it off the mount accidentally.

Comment

Hi just brought home my 2018 E16 yesterday. As for that fire extinguisher, Oakplank, I would love to see how to mount my fire extinguisher in the cubby near the fuel tank. Doesn't seem to be a way for the bracket to fit with my Kidde. Your pics aren't showing in the post? Could you possibly email them to me? [email protected] Thanks! Also my bilge keeps running with water out and key off...is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by muttfactor View Post
                Hi just brought home my 2018 E16 yesterday. As for that fire extinguisher, Oakplank, I would love to see how to mount my fire extinguisher in the cubby near the fuel tank. Doesn't seem to be a way for the bracket to fit with my Kidde. Your pics aren't showing in the post? Could you possibly email them to me? [email protected] Thanks! Also my bilge keeps running with water out and key off...is this normal?
                I would see if there’s a “short” with the wiring for your bilge pump. If you have the automatic pump, see if something is holding the float “up” (e.i. Debris)
                Here’s the picture of my fire extinguisher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC1081BC-A400-45BD-9979-F99BAB4F94E3.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	441518

Comment

Working...
                X