Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a 175 BR. Are there any other options besides carpet flooring?-gctid792819

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a 175 BR. Are there any other options besides carpet flooring?-gctid792819

I live in south jersey and will be docking my boat this season. The dock is a few streets over from where I live. I have a 2007 175 Bowrider. My concern is the carpet in the boat. If it is left outside at the dock for most of the season, what type of cover should I get to protect the carpet and the plywood floor from rot? Also is replacing the carpet with vinyl or a spray on flooring even an option?

P.s.

I'm new to boating. Thanks for any advice!

Jersey Berger,

Would love to find out your experience with this and what you've ended up doing as I'm currently having the same thoughts!

Any information would be much appreciated?

Thanks!
    2002 Bayliner 195BR - 4.3 mercruiser EFI

Scotland, UK

Comment

You could consider the foam deck pads. There is the commercial route through Seadeck or U-Tread and others.

You can also order the rolls off Ebay for the DIY.

Comment

Used99Capri1850,

I have considered that option, my deck is currently plywood/carpet combo but considering the weather it endures doesn't really do well!

Looking for something sealed and weatherproof, I guess this probably means fiberglass?! and then maybe a foam deck pad over the top?

Any guidance is appreciated! Cheers

Scotland, UK

Comment

You could look at gel coating the interior prior to putting the foam on. Lots of info on the internet/forums about that.

I've also seen someone with your setup install it like carpet and just do total coverage.

Comment

Cheers, been looking at loads of different options as my winter project!

Scotland, UK

Comment

Working...
            X