Ciera Sunbridge 2150 Pocket Cruisers-gctid773548

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ciera Sunbridge 2150 Pocket Cruisers-gctid773548

Like to hook up with some other Ciera Sunbridge owners. These handy family cruisers that can be used for sking, exploring and staying aboard for several days. Weighing in at 5000 lbs with trailer fully loaded, it can be towed by many vehicles. Like to hear about some of the improvements that have been made. Lot's of pix if possible.

1987 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2150.
    May your portapot not tip over in 5 foot seas.......

Don't have one, but always like the 88ish 2155 with aft berth. Seems like a nice little boat, easy to handle but with enough amenities for weekends on the water. There is one for sale locally very cheap but I have too many boats already.
    88 Capri 2150 305 OMC
    91 and 93 Yamaha Waverunner III 650
    Cincinnati, OH

Comment

Great little cruisers especially when equipped with the V8 like yours.

And WOW, yours is very clean. A clean bilge is a happy bilge. And your star wars gauges look awesome. Very nice.
      Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
      1998 3055 Ciera
      (yes, a 1998)
      Previous boat: 1993 3055
      Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
      Sea Doo XP
      Sea Doo GTI SE
      Life is short. Boats are cool.
      The family that plays together stays together.
      Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Just got back from 5 days on Lake Havasu. Here are some numbers that may interest folks. 3k rpm, no trim, 15x17 alum prop, speedo says 23 mph. Partial engine trim, 2800 rpm, 25 mph, best fuel consumption. Top speed 35 mph, 15x17 prop, 3800 rpm. I believe I need a new electronic distributor, seems to have spark problems over 3200 rpm. I used construction adhesive to seal up the boat plug plate, seems to be working, 5 years old, but still have a loading and unloading leak somewhere Suspect the tie down u-bolts that are right at the water line. Got about 7 hours of "on plane" run time out of my 50 gallon tank, still not completely empty, but near it. The gas is 5 years old with stabilizer in it. Smelled like old varnish the whole time. Engine ran perfectly other than the high rpm stumble.

Comment

I wish you would have posted that you were coming to Havasu, maybe next time...
          Jeff & Tara
          (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
          "Sea Ya"
          Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

"Just got back from 5 days on Lake Havasu. Here are some numbers that may interest folks. 3k rpm, no trim, 15x17 alum prop, speedo says 23 mph. Partial engine trim, 2800 rpm, 25 mph, best fuel consumption. Top speed 35 mph, 15x17 prop, 3800 rpm. I believe I need a new electronic distributor, seems to have spark problems over 3200 rpm. I used construction adhesive to seal up the boat plug plate, seems to be working, 5 years old, but still have a loading and unloading leak somewhere Suspect the tie down u-bolts that are right at the water line. Got about 7 hours of "on plane" run time out of my 50 gallon tank, still not completely empty, but near it. The gas is 5 years old with stabilizer in it. Smelled like old varnish the whole time. Engine ran perfectly other than the high rpm stumble."

Ionfu - Very nice boat we had one very similar to that a while back. What is the outdrive ratio on your boat? Which brand & model Al 3 blade prop are you running and is it in mint shape?
            Northport NY

Comment

I've seen a 245 pulling a skier. They are great family boats for day or overnight excursions.
              2003 Bayliner 245
              2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Glad you had fun. Your numbers.

3800 RPM's is to low for WOT.

Before getting to deep in the weeds I would verify your almost 30 year old tach is accurate. 4200-4600 would be the range you are looking for if it is a 5.0. 4200-4400 if it is the 5.7. Not sure if you have determined which V8 you have yet so 4200-4400 would be good for either engine. If you determine the tachometer is spot on then it will be time for a complete tune up, get the timing down as well. Timing is where yo will need to know engine displacement. 5.0 is 5 degrees BTDC in the 1988, 5.7 is 3 degrees. '87 is 5 and 5. If after doing the tune up you are still not achieving the proper WOT RPM's then a prop switch may be in order.

Lake Havasu is amazing. My family and I got to spend a day on the Lake with Jeff and Tara.
                Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                1998 3055 Ciera
                (yes, a 1998)
                Previous boat: 1993 3055
                Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                Sea Doo XP
                Sea Doo GTI SE
                Life is short. Boats are cool.
                The family that plays together stays together.
                Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

that is one clean boat! nicely done black hull too...

reminds me of my old 225
                  Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                  Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                  93 3058 sold
                  92 2855 (day boat)
                  91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                  Longbranch WA
                  Life is Good

Comment

Off the top of my head, where ever that is, 21:18 on top and 14:26 on the bottom. It was rebuilt about 91 and the new angle "clutch dog" installed Prop is not in top shape, had it repitched in 2000 to 14 1/2x17. time to recondition it again. May try your suggestion of the 15x15 for s.... and giggles. I believe I need to replace the original prestolite distributor. I suspect the plates are frozen again for the 4th time in the last 27 years! may be limiting my mechanical advance. Going to try a Pertronix. I believe I use to be able to hit 4400 rpm with no problems with my current prop, but memory.......

Comment

"itsabowtime2" post=774887 wrote:
                      Glad you had fun. Your numbers.

3800 RPM's is to low for WOT.

Before getting to deep in the weeds I would verify your almost 30 year old tach is accurate. 4200-4600 would be the range you are looking for if it is a 5.0. 4200-4400 if it is the 5.7. Not sure if you have determined which V8 you have yet so 4200-4400 would be good for either engine. If you determine the tachometer is spot on then it will be time for a complete tune up, get the timing down as well. Timing is where yo will need to know engine displacement. 5.0 is 5 degrees BTDC in the 1988, 5.7 is 3 degrees. '87 is 5 and 5. If after doing the tune up you are still not achieving the proper WOT RPM's then a prop switch may be in order.

Lake Havasu is amazing. My family and I got to spend a day on the Lake with Jeff and Tara.
                      What do you mean 30 year old tach????? it is not a day over 29 years......

AND.... who told you!!!!!! I got into the weeds at Havasu? Depth finder still read 1.6 feet, wife hollered at me that it was not 16 feet....... I knew I heard a beeping......I thought it was my tinnitus acting up again ops:

Comment

Nothing like an excuse to put on the lake..... B)

Comment

"Jeffw" post=774861 wrote:
                          I wish you would have posted that you were coming to Havasu, maybe next time...
                          Nothing like an good excuse to put out on the lake..... B)

Comment

Thought I'd post this here as well. 1987 Bayliner chev 305 ci OMC re-built Rochester carb. Sooooo....... I checked prestolite dist points gap/dwell, distributor bearing seems tight. plates loose, all look good. runs up to 3k when getting out of the hole but will go no further in rpm's until on plane then slowly increases to 3800 rpm, seems to me that I remember it running up to 4400rpm WOT. Decided to replace the distributor with a Pertornix d200800 and replace the ESA module with a new CDI ESA module. Called pertronix support, fella said it should run with out any changes to coil or coil circuit or ballast resistor wire.

Questions:

Old plug wires fit new cap?

Should I replace old coil with new flamethrower unit and pull resistor? If so where is it?

Should I stay with the installed silver timing advance springs or change to another color? Anyone have a timing advance chart for a prestolite/chevy 305 combo for comparison?

Lastly, will I have a problem with my original square Bayliner tachometer operating correctly?

Worked on vehicles/boats/RV's for the last 45 years, can do ECM diagnosis as well as all other rebuilds on all components and own the tools to do so. But...... my memory is not as good as it once was. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Been having this problem with water in the bilge when I load and unload. For some reason Bayliner installed the rear tie down ubolts below the water line. Took me 3 hours to pull and clean both yesterday. Found rust on the inside of the hull transom under the nuts that hold them in place on both sides. So, think I'm on the right track. Good news is that the transom feels solid. They used some sort of gray sealant. guessing either 3m 4200 or 5200. Very difficult to peel off the inside of the holes. Crazy, they over sized the transom holes by 1/4 inch. Any suggestions on which goop/sealant to use? The Boat caulk that I used 25 years ago to seal up the swim step screws is turning to power. Looks like I'm gonna have to replace that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X