Alpha one gen 2- what impeller kit do I need?-gctid747539

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha one gen 2- what impeller kit do I need?-gctid747539

I am trying to order a kit so I can replace the water pump impeller on my 2006 185 BR, 3.0L. I am finding the variety of kits kind of crazy. I am just installing it as a preventative maintenance item since I do not know when it was ever changed. So does anyone out there have a part number or can point to what I really need? Places like overtons has a ton of kits, but I am just not sure what I really need. There seem to be several part numbers that all say alpha one gen 2. Thanks!
    2006 185BR with a 3.0L, Sport Seating
    96 Seadoo GSX
    96 Seadoo GTX (2 of the them!) Find me at Seadooforum.com

"Soccerdad" post=747539 wrote:
    I am trying to order a kit so I can replace the water pump impeller on my 2006 185 BR, 3.0L. I am finding the variety of kits kind of crazy. I am just installing it as a preventative maintenance item since I do not know when it was ever changed. So does anyone out there have a part number or can point to what I really need? Places like overtons has a ton of kits, but I am just not sure what I really need. There seem to be several part numbers that all say alpha one gen 2. Thanks!
    The kit I installed on my 2012 alpha one gen 2 was quicksilver part # 47-43026Q06
    2012 185 4.3l

Comment

Hey Luv2Camp! Recognized your picture from the Seadoo forum. Funny finding you here! Thanks. That is what I needed. It doesn't look like too tough of a job. Any tricks or things I need to watch out for?
      2006 185BR with a 3.0L, Sport Seating
      96 Seadoo GSX
      96 Seadoo GTX (2 of the them!) Find me at Seadooforum.com

Comment

Have a look on youtube for a how to. Can be done on your own but lower unit isn't light.sugest you buy a pump to refill the oil too for lower unit together with correct oil and dont lose the small oring on the starboard side of the drive as has to be there to seal the upper and lower oil gallery.

Forward gear,undo speedo coupling,drain oil from bottle,drain oil whilst at half trim from drive, remove bolts and nuts not forgetting one under the sacrificial anode that has to be removed too and then it should pull out.if its jammed release rear hydraulic cylinders and bang skeg onto a lump of wood which should free lower unit.

Change impellor and refit taking care on tube, oring and gear spline but a crank on prop normally gets all aligned as its in gear.marine grease on bolts and nuts.refil with oil from lower until oil comes out upper screw hole. Keep pumping until it comes into your drive refil bottle in engine bay and then top off to correct level.

Lower and upper unit should align perfectly and dont pull tegether with bolts if all does not look well as something is not in line like the long shaft into upper unit etc.

Should be ok for amwater test and bottle may need a small refil on first run.

2 bottles of oil will be sufficient i believe you call them quarts.

Comment

"Soccerdad" post=747638 wrote:
          Hey Luv2Camp! Recognized your picture from the Seadoo forum. Funny finding you here! Thanks. That is what I needed. It doesn't look like too tough of a job. Any tricks or things I need to watch out for?
          It is a small world! This is just as great of a forum as the Seadoo one!

Here are a few videos that really show it step by step and what I used to reference when I replaced mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC2b3TonHDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqrRX6Z__-4

I did not take the entire drive off. I split the lower drive off of the upper. He mentions taking a bolt out under the anode but does not show that being done. I wrestled with the drive until I realized the bolt he was taking about was not the same one he took out when removing the anode plate. Also need to disconnect the connection behind the drive that connects the drive to the speedometer tube. Just a quick disconnect but it is out of site and you can easily forget this step. It was really straight forward though. Just take your time. Need some type of stand though for the unit.
          2012 185 4.3l

Comment

I have a 2000 Capri 1950 with the 3.0. and the alpa one Gen 2. Would that be the same part number for my impeller kit ? Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X