Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help to identify-gctid388306

HI

I have just bought my first ever bayliner , the previous owner was unable to identify it could anyone tell me by looking at the photo

I know its a capri and believe its 19ft

regards

George

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/691855=28383-boat.jpg[/img]forgot to add its a 1993 model

Comment

A 1952 Capri - check the HIN (numbers indented at the top of rear transom, starboard side)

Comment

dtwilson wrote:
        A 1952 Capri - check the HIN (numbers indented at the top of rear transom, starboard side)
        thank you very much for the quick reply , I,m really chuffed with it only thing i need to get is a decent canopy , one that you can stand up in

George

Comment

dtwilson wrote:
          hi

I have found this number above the ladder any ideas on where I would be able to get more info on it B1YB28CCB191

gEORGE

Comment

The serial number indicates that it is a Bayliner Capri 1851 (CB code). And judging by the pictures I've found on the net, that is what you have.

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
              The serial number indicates that it is a Bayliner Capri 1851 (CB code). And judging by the pictures I've found on the net, that is what you have.
              wow so quick many thanx for getting back to me

I

Comment

[QUOTE]rescueuall wrote:
                wow so quick many thanx for getting back to me

I

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
                  That all depends on what they have templates for. Best bet might be to first see what is available by doing some web searching. No idea what a pram canopy is - is that like a bimini top?
                  Hi

what i,m looking for is some sort of canopy that I can stand up in and stay dry as here in Scotland it rains all the time

Comment

are you sure it's a 1993? The HIN looks to me like a 1991....

Comment

You're right that is a 1991 code and I was off on the model then. It would be a 1991 CC which is an 1802

Picture of an identical one. I didn't notice the outboard on the original picture until now

http://www.networkyachtbrokers.co.uk...pri-05239.html

Comment

kjs wrote:
                        are you sure it's a 1993? The HIN looks to me like a 1991....
                        Hi

I havent CLUE was just going by what the seller told me , but have found out its a 1991

this is my first boat so I,m still at the learning stage

Comment

the last two digits in the HIN are the year of manufacturing and you have 91 there. If you search online you can find how Bayliner coded the model types into teh rest of the number. It's a bit confusing as the same are sometimes used for different boats depending on the year.......

Comment

What kind of motor do you have on it?

Comment

FISHIN00 wrote:
                              What kind of motor do you have on it?
                              Hi

I have a force 90 on it

Comment

Working...
                              X