No announcement yet.

Drain question.....-gctid386830

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my new Bayliner 170 back to the dealer since he too was concerned about the amount of water coming out of the bilge after an outing. He and a mechanic took it for a ride and discovered that the round bilge hatch in the splash well was leaking. They are getting it squared away. Glad I have a good dealer!

Comment

How do you like your 170, is it set up for FISHIN,what motor do you have,hows does it perform,pictures?

Comment

I have the 170 OB with a 90 hp 4 stroke. I don't have the tower or the fishing package. I do have the ski pylon and radio and a chartplotter. It comes on a single axle trailer and is a breeze to tow. Putting it in and out of the water is easy. Any mistakes I have made have been operator error - learning as we go. I don't have any pics yet. Where I boat on the ICW near Emerald Isle, NC the water can be shallow, thus the desire to have an outboard that is easier to clean after a ride- salty, sandy water. Needless to say, I have already knocked paint off the propeller. It's a speedy little boat and fits my needs perfectly.

Comment

Sounds nice!, as I mentioned before my 1802 leaks at the same access hatch,I need a new O ring!....ANOTHER MUST DO!

Comment

newboat wrote:
            Needless to say, I have already knocked paint off the propeller. It's a speedy little boat and fits my needs perfectly.
            You haven't done a complete job yet! The tip of the skeg has to be torn off too.......

Comment

Now that you mention it....I roughed up the skeg pretty good the second time out but I've hit so much sand since then it has smoothed out pretty nicely!

Comment

welcome to the club! Shows that you are a real boater!

Next steps are to run it aground, hit a rock, forget the drain plug, chip out some gelcoat with the dock, forget to raise the outdrive/OB when pulling out the boat. Sequence is up to your personal preference and Murphy. Oh, forgot because it's still on my list: drop the ignition key into the drink.

Comment

So much to look forward to!

Comment

They have removed that access port in the 2012 models. Now I think I can see why.

newboat wrote:
                    Took my new Bayliner 170 back to the dealer since he too was concerned about the amount of water coming out of the bilge after an outing. He and a mechanic took it for a ride and discovered that the round bilge hatch in the splash well was leaking. They are getting it squared away. Glad I have a good dealer!

Comment

Curious. I have a 2012 170 OB with the 90 horse 4 stroke and my boat has the round bilge access hatch in the splash well.

Comment

No kidding. Maybe it was a mid-run adjustment. Know when yours was built?

newboat wrote:
                        Curious. I have a 2012 170 OB with the 90 horse 4 stroke and my boat has the round bilge access hatch in the splash well.

Comment

I bought the boat and took delivery in March 2012. The dealer had just ordered them. Where would I see that info on the boat? I know where to look on a car.

Comment

kjs wrote:

- you WILL hit a rock, it's just a matter of when

- you WILL forget the drain plug, it's just a matter of when

- you WILL forget to bring the outdrive or OB up into trailering position, it's just a matter of whe
                            Are you following me?

Launched the boat and went to park the trailer. My wife starts the motor. I come back and she's asking me "Is water suppose to come up from there?" DRIAN PLUG!!!

Luckily enough my boat sits high enough on the trailer where we launch - but sure enough, the outdrive was left in the down position AFTER I had already pulled away and into the parking lot to attach the straps, etc. etc.

And hit a rock? How about nearly beached the boat... Water level on the lake was extremely lower than it had been the past 5 seasons - and just for a split moment the drivers attention was not forward.

Comment

I'm not really sure. I took delivery of mine in May from dealer stock. I do know the owners supplement on mine shows I should have that access port, but discussions with a Bayliner factory rep says the guide is outdated.

newboat wrote:
                              I bought the boat and took delivery in March 2012. The dealer had just ordered them. Where would I see that info on the boat? I know where to look on a car.

Comment

On our outing this weekend, Theres was dew, A LOT, on the boat when i was up at sunrise to get a fire going and start the day (Boat Camping). That and climbing in and out of the boat the whole weekend is adding up to what i was seeing. When i pulled the boat from the lake today, A little came out. My other half happened to be following me this time, and said when i went up a high grade she saw water coming out of the drain. When we got home and parked the boat, i put the boat on a high angle because i saw just a little in the ski locker and the higher angle drained more. So all this time i was not getting all of it out and it would just add to the little bit that was already there making it look like alot was in there. Vacation next week, 4 days at Big Bear Lake!!!!

Keep ya posted........

Eddy

Comment

Working...
                                X