repair ideas for back to back seats-gctid386283

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repair ideas for back to back seats-gctid386283

I have a 2005 175. The bracket that attaches to the underside of the rear facing seat that allows the seat to fold out or hold in place, snapped in 2 places. Unless the person riding in that seat holds perfectly still, the seat will slide. My question is, does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? If I need to replace the seat, is there a place where I can purchase a used seat that will match my existing seat (white with blue trim). No luck on ebay. If forced to buy new, what are my chances of buying a matched replacement, and where would be the best place for the best price be?

Thanks!

just buy the plastic part(s) where the rods from the seat go in.....

Comment

The seat base parts are available, the number is right on the plastic part. You need to un staple the vinyl from it and then take it out. Had to do that repair on one of mine after someone stepped on an extended lounger. I wound up taking it to an upholstry shop and having them staple it since I didn't have a gun strong enough for the job.

Comment

Wow things did change over the years!

My 2003 175 has plywood seat bottoms, and the rods are bolted to the plywood. In fact, plywood is the base structural member for every single upholstered seat bottom and back.

Comment

I guess we are lucky with our plywood! I step on my extended seats all the time and they never have broken.....

Comment

kjs wrote:
            just buy the plastic part(s) where the rods from the seat go in.....
            Where did find the replacement part?

Thanks!

Comment

oldjeep wrote:
              The seat base parts are available, the number is right on the plastic part. You need to un staple the vinyl from it and then take it out. Had to do that repair on one of mine after someone stepped on an extended lounger. I wound up taking it to an upholstry shop and having them staple it since I didn't have a gun strong enough for the job.

Where did you find the replacement part? The part is just stapled back in place? Thanks for the reply. The pictures showed exactly the same break that I had. Thanks for being so thorough!

Comment

dats my boat wrote:
                Where did find the replacement part?

Thanks!
                You order it from a bayliner dealer. Yes the vinyl just gets stapled to the plastic piece

Comment

Just stapling the vinyl to the plastic part holds the plastic part securely enough? These may seem like silly questions, but my boat is at my cottage and I'm not, so it is hard to visualize and check.

Thanks again.

Comment

dats my boat wrote:
                    Just stapling the vinyl to the plastic part holds the plastic part securely enough? These may seem like silly questions, but my boat is at my cottage and I'm not, so it is hard to visualize and check.

Thanks again.
                    Yup - the staples go clean through the plastic. You'll see how secure they are when you try to pull them out

Comment

Thanks for your valuable information! You have been a great help.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                      X