Boat and fender issue-gctid386016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat and fender issue-gctid386016

I have just replaced my left trailer fender.

Coming back from the lake on a rough gravel road I hit a pothold and the Fender must have hit the side of the boat and cracked it, with the vibration it very quickly blew itself apart.

I have replace this now with a new fender (guard). The issue I have is the gap between the fender and the boat is very tight, the fenders have a 45 degree on the top inside to allow the boat to sit just inside, without this it would not fit.

Has anyone else had this issue and is there any way to adjust the bunks to lift the boat up enough to clear the fenders?

I did think of replacing the bunks with Rollers which would possibly fix the issue but the bunks do seam to hold the boat nicely.

So what should I do?

It would help if you posted photos of the fender, fender mounts, bunks and bunk mounts.

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
      It would help if you posted photos of the fender, fender mounts, bunks and bunk mounts.
      Here is a pic of the fender just before it totally fell apart. You can just see the bunks to the right hand side of the photo.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Comment

my trailer has the galvanized steel fenders which are a lot narrower than the plastic ones and a bit lower profile too. They only have to cover the wheel and in my case the disk brakes but don't have to go all the way to the trailer frame. There's around a 50mm gap between fender and frame. May be an option for your trailer too.

Comment

Working...
        X