Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPM knob getting loose....-gctid385741

Hi, guys

I have 2002 1952 Cuddy w/Merc 3.0, previous owner told me rpm at idle is about 800, so I set it to about 800 but after driving 30 mins rpm at idle is 1200-1300.

Seems like the knob is getting loose how can I fix this, can this be the spring that holds the screw? should I buy new spring that holds the knob? or do they sell the screw and the spring together?

Anyone had this kind of issue? What is the best way to fix this?

Thank you guys in advance.

800 on the trailer would maybe be 600 in the water and that's where it counts. So... you should be in the water on a warm motor in gear at 600-650 the lower the better.

About the idle screw you maybe can install a nut on the underside and lock down the idle screw to where you want it don't loctite it or glue it in any way.

You are sure the screw is moving ? Maybe it's something else ?

When you get a chance perform a compression test on a warm motor with all the plugs out and the throttle fully down keep track of what plug goes in what hole.

Some guys i know have installed a extra spring to bring the arm fully back.
    Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Chief Alen wrote:
      800 on the trailer would maybe be 600 in the water and that's where it counts. So... you should be in the water on a warm motor in gear at 600-650 the lower the better.
      I set to 800 on the water, for the knob it seem pretty loose I could turn with my finger without any force.

Can I put any springs that look a like or has to have spring with certain amount of pressure?

I set the rpm to 800 on the water, cruising 30mph for maybe good 30 mins and when I make a stop the engine will turn off, so restart and the rpm is at 1200-1300.

I guess gotta find a nut to lock it, but did anyone have had something like this

Comment

spring would lock it one off the adjustment screw of a small engine might work.
        Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Working...
        X