Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner Element w/ 75 HP performance-gctid716208

Hello,

I am leaning towards a Bayliner Element XL due to the higher HP engine offerings as I do a lot of wakeboard and tubbing sports. I see that Bayliner came out with the 75 HP for the 16 foot Bayliner Element and was curious if anyone has the performance specs on that? time to plane? top speed?

Also any first had experience pulling wakeboarders close to 200 lbs with the Element with the 75 HP engine?

Thanks!

Almost 40

http://baylinerownersclub.org/index....-tabs?start=75
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out! Well the that gets me leaning towards the Element as the XL with the 115 HP tops out around 41 mph. They 16' size appeals to me for easy towing and garage storage.

Comment

Anybody else care to chime in on the Element 160 75hp's performance? I'd like to hear more about what she can do.

Are smart tabs worth the install?

Are additional transom drains for the sponsons worth the install?

Is the 13.4 x 15p 4-blade Merc Spitfire prop a good match for the boat?

Is anyone planning to send off their Merc 75hp's ECU for additional reflash tuning (pro's/con's) via SimonMotorsports or the like?

Inquiring minds want to know...
        2016 75hp Element 160 w/ Smart Tabs & Sponson Drains

Comment

Nobody ever complained about getting a bigger boat, or more horsepower. The bigger boat will ride better also. (Advice from one who is on his 17th boat, looking for a bigger one.)
          Jeff & Tara
          (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
          "Sea Ya"
          Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

"Jeffw" post=732400 wrote:
            Nobody ever complained about getting a bigger boat, or more horsepower. The bigger boat will ride better also. (Advice from one who is on his 17th boat, looking for a bigger one.)
            But, will it fit in his garage? It seems to be something that is important to Derectf15.

A boat should fit one's needs.
            Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
            2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
            12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

"oakplank" post=732423 wrote:
              "Jeffw" post=732400 wrote:
              But, will it fit in his garage? It seems to be something that is important to Derectf15.

A boat should fit one's needs.
              You're absolutely right. My point is that "needs" can change rapidly, especially when other points are suggested.
              Jeff & Tara
              (And Ginger too)
              Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
              "Sea Ya"
              Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Fitting the boat into a snug garage is important to me as well. The Element 160 seems to be the best fit for my needs.

I understand where Derectf15 is coming from.

Can anyone post a link to a review of the 75hp Element 160?

Comment

Nobody's tried an Element with the 75. Your only option is anyone here who owns one (and I think there may be a handful).

I personally would push you to the XL if at all possible, but I can understand the garage limitation. That's one of the reasons why I don't have a boat right now.
                  Matt Train
                  BOC Site Team
                  Chicagoland, IL

Comment

"Download_Complete" post=735536 wrote:
                    Nobody's tried an Element with the 75. Your only option is anyone here who owns one (and I think there may be a handful).

I personally would push you to the XL if at all possible, but I can understand the garage limitation. That's one of the reasons why I don't have a boat right now.
                    Why the push for the XL (vs. the 75hp Element 160)?

Comment

Installed smart tabs ... Boat plans at lower speeds & runs through chop better. It's worth the money.

Attached files

1987 3270MY, 135 Hino engines

2015 Element ( Lime Green) Limited Edition 75 HP Mercury.

Roger, Lake Saint Clair, Michigan
                      Fair Winds & Following Seas

Comment

"TigerBoat" post=735554 wrote:

Larger, more room, and it just performs better overall. It's more usable because of the greater space, and most seasoned vets will tell you boats tend to "shrink" when you put them in water - meaning you might think you bought enough boat at first, but you start noticing things the more you use it.

That's why I would push you to go with the 18. You will be able to use it more days of the year than the 16.
                        Matt Train
                        BOC Site Team
                        Chicagoland, IL

Comment

"Download_Complete" post=735734 wrote:
                          "TigerBoat" post=735554 wrote:

Larger, more room, and it just performs better overall. It's more usable because of the greater space, and most seasoned vets will tell you boats tend to "shrink" when you put them in water - meaning you might think you bought enough boat at first, but you start noticing things the more you use it.

That's why I would push you to go with the 18. You will be able to use it more days of the year than the 16.
                          Believe it or not I am replacing one toy with another and I want to be able to keep said toy in a space in my garage. So, in my case the toy's footprint is a fairly high priority.

The Element 160 seems unusually roomy for a 16 footer, which I think is awesome (I grew up riding around in 16-17 footers in Louisiana)! The 75hp seems iffy, but it can be upgraded slightly if necessary.

I suspect the tiny craft will be a lot of fun, assuming it does not get pounded to pieces in minimal chop. We shall see.

Comment

Originally We bought the limited edition 160 because the dinghy was too small on big boat .. The 160 Also fit into the garage .

We like the 160 ... With out tabs we were running about 32-34 mph .. With the tabs only been out in 2 foot chop and she runs good. Time to get on plane with tabs are greatly reduced.

IMHO

The 16 is very roomy .

Fits in garage. No shrink wrap. Good for 4 people.

The 18 can handle bigger HP I've heard 40 mph ..With the bigger motor.

Along with the size would give you a tad bigger boat for family.. Both are limited to semi calm water... The 18 cost more money and has better performance. In the end it's about how it fits your needs.,
                            1987 3270MY, 135 Hino engines

2015 Element ( Lime Green) Limited Edition 75 HP Mercury.

Roger, Lake Saint Clair, Michigan
                            Fair Winds & Following Seas

Comment

"TigerBoat" post=736062 wrote:

Believe it or not I am replacing one toy with another and I want to be able to keep said toy in a space in my garage. So, in my case the toy's footprint is a fairly high priority.

The Element 160 seems unusually roomy for a 16 footer, which I think is awesome (I grew up riding around in 16-17 footers in Louisiana)! The 75hp seems iffy, but it can be upgraded slightly if necessary.

I suspect the tiny craft will be a lot of fun, assuming it does not get pounded to pieces in minimal chop. We shall see.
                              Solid reason to stay with the 160, then. Buy with confidence, you cannot go wrong with either.
                              Matt Train
                              BOC Site Team
                              Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Working...
                              X