My son(39)s first boat-gctid382675

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son(39)s first boat-gctid382675

Not quite a bowrider, but here is a pic of my 12 year old son Ben's first boat. I had a canoe when I was his age, and I delivered papers for an entire year to buy an old 2hp Johnson for it. He's starting out a bit better off.Who wouldn't have killed for a rig like this back when they were 12, with a river to play on all summer?

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/686182=27708-20120512_111532.jpg[/img]

Heck yea!

Comment

jhenkel wrote:
      Who wouldn't have killed for a rig like this back when they were 12, with a river to play on all summer?
      No kidding, and with Moorage to boot!
      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Lucky kid for sure. Good job Dad. make sure he is safe out there.

Comment

2850Bounty wrote:
          No kidding, and with Moorage to boot!
          We are lucky with the moorage. We rent this side of the dock for when our 185 is in the water, and the other side has been vacant for the last 2 seasons so we use it for the jon boat.

Comment

Brad 3055 wrote:
            Lucky kid for sure. Good job Dad. make sure he is safe out there.
            Thanks! Ben has his Ohio boaters license and takes the rules and his own safety very seriously.

Comment

Looks like my first boat, electric only though. And oh, I didn't get until I was 35!

Comment

Our kids should always have bigger, better and more than we had, that's what being a dad is all about. I wolud rather buy my kid a fleet instead of giving it to a doctor or an attorney.

Comment

dramaminedragon wrote:
                  Our kids should always have bigger, better and more than we had, that's what being a dad is all about. I wolud rather buy my kid a fleet instead of giving it to a doctor or an attorney.
                  I couldn't agree more. One more thing, I gotta ask... Your screen name 'dramaminedragon', I assume that's your boat name as well... I think I remember that boat name from the old Disney film 'The Boatniks'. Is that where you got it? Haven't met too many people who remember that movie.

Comment

BINGO, that's it. One of the boats in the beginning of the movie. This is my second boat with that name I have always enjoyed anamation and started collecting cartoon cels, anamation art, and disneyana in the early 80's.

Comment

That's awesome. My first boat was around the same age, and was a 12 or 13 foot aluminum with a 6 horse johnson. Same boat and motor my dad had growing up. We lived on the water when I was a kid, so the sense of freedom I got from it was awesome. Took 1.5 hrs to get into town with it, but it was all worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X