Vinyl Refinishing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl Refinishing?

Used Dupli-Color High Performance Vinyl & Fabric coating on a small section of the white vinyl on my 2007 185BR and it seemed to work nicely. Has anyone used Dupl-Color? Has anyone used the Dupli-Color Blue HVP 102? Was it a good color match for the Bayliner blue seat vinyl? :dry:
    Last edited by Jim_Gandee; 01-18-2019, 08:52 PM.

I have never heard of this product. I am curious how it will hold out. Do you have any pictures of it?

Thanks

Comment

See here for info: http://www.duplicolor.com/product/vi...fabric-coating

Seems to be lots of favorable info on the web on it.

Comment

I have found that it strengthens the cracking part of the leather seats in the Benz if I just spray an area and rub it in with a rag. :whistle:

Comment

Last weekend I did all my white exterior cockpit seating with this product. It looks fantastic. I will now have to wait and see how long it lasts.. Other people I know at my marina saw what I had done and thought it had been re covered. They are now going to try it also.
          David
          1999 Bayliner 1750 Capri. 3l Mercruiser Alpha

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

I think that it might be a thinned down version of RTV sealant, the stuff is pretty durable and hard to get off your hands.

Comment

Hey Warren,

I used the Dupli-Color HVP102 Blue High Performance Vinyl on the piping of my seats the color was dead on...

Comment

"ELJ220" post=671433 wrote:
                Hey Warren,

I used the Dupli-Color HVP102 Blue High Performance Vinyl on the piping of my seats the color was dead on...

[attachment]17510 wrote:
                IMG_0578.jpg[/attachment]
                How the heck did you spray it on?
                Midnight Star
                1996 3587
                Twin diesels, Hino 250's
                Ladysmith, BC
                History: 1996 - 2655, 2001 - 2855, 1984 - 3270

Comment

I used green frog tape to mask the blue piping and cover most of the seat with newspaper to prevent over spray then I did a 50/50 mixture of 2 shades of white dye to match the Bayliner white color to stain the bench seat.

Comment

I used a different product on my 1999 Capri 1802. SEM Marine Vinyl Coat. Did in the spring, so far holding up very well.

Comment

did the white match the white of the seats? My seats are in good shape except of the top of some of the side cushions in the front are starting to get weathered, I cleaned as best I could and then added some protectant. But Id love them to be all white again.

Comment

Thanks for all of the great replies!

Comment

SEM makes a host of colors to match the most popular boat manufacturers. Funny they don't have Bayliner, but they have Searay colors.

I found the Ranger Off White to be a great match to my Capri seats. I only did the white, as the tan is in very good shape.

Here is a link to the SEM site Color Chart

http://www.semproducts.com/manage/ht...r_card_web.pdf

Comment

I repainted all of my 13 seats on my Rendevouz with SEM and rid myself of the old color and this paint worked great! It comes with a soap and a pre-vinyl spray to make the bond permanent.

Comment

The guy on the 4788 next to me recommended the SEM vinyl dye. He used Sea Ray White on his upper helm. Am going to do that to mine in a month or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X